Alt or I’ll Shoot!

Somehow I missed this one. Let’s hope Styx is right about this.

1 Like

Now, Hypatia, if you are more interested in some of even brainier, more fundamental takes on the state of affairs, try these two:
Charles Haywood (The Worthy House). Haywood does book reviews but, oh, they are so much more than that. His reviews are opportunities to comment on the present and future of the West. When he reviewed Michael Anton’s (of Flight 91 Election fame), it lead to them having a lengthy discussion, which is also somewhere on Haywood’s site. His reviews are in written form on his site as well as audio on the site and as a podcast. Haywood was a lawyer and is class traitor, as some of us on here are also.

Zman. This shadowy figure also takes a more fundamental view of the current state, Like Haywood, he’s less interested in the day-to-day developments than in the bigger picture, often making well-informed historical references, especially to the ancient world. He does a weekly podcast and has a weekly column on Taki Magazine.

I know I said two but I just thought of John Derbyshire, whom Mike mentioned above. Derb got kicked off National Review, which alone makes him worthy of your attention. He also has a weekly podcast, transcripts of which are published on his website, along with his other writings.

3 Likes