Kyle Rittenhouse found Not Guilty on All Charges

If your reference point is the approbation of your lefty friends, we’ve identified the problem. Consider using a different standard. Let’s face it, they’ll never love you.

As for having a home here, an honest acknowledgement of what happened would be a good starting point. Further acknowledgement that some actions were in error would also be useful. What is not useful is pretending that this was some sort of academic exercise. But I was only doing research is are hoary and discredited excuse for shameful behavior.

2 Likes

As I said, that’s great. Good riddance, etc. But Kyle still wouldn’t have been justified in shooting him (and should have been convicted) BUT FOR the fact that , as the jury concluded, his own life was being threatened with deadly force.

1 Like

These days, criticism kinda IS ostracism, more often than not! But thanks!
Just as an aside: it wasn’t a “mob”. And I only know that because I was actually there. And as I’ve now written many times, I consider that to be valuable knowledge.
I’m not trying to justify, nor excuse, anything i did. If I felt my actions needed that, I certainly never woulda written in detail about the experience in this nor our former forum.

1 Like

I wasn’t making a greater point than that it wasn’t “allegedly”

1 Like

Chauvin cert. petition:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docket/docketfiles/html/public\23-416.html

2 Likes

What do you figure his chances are? Also, do you think the recent revelations about the medical examiner’s comments would influence their decision to take up the case?

2 Likes

Low.

Not much.

2 Likes

The problem is that ruling for him on either of these particular issues could cause complications for future cases.

The other issues such as the medical examiner’s report shenanigans and the causation standard are not raised here.

2 Likes

I realize that the shenanigans were not raised (How could they have been? A causal). But we all know the Court is influenced by events outside of the filings, sometimes decisively. The ideal of blind justice only following the black letter of the law is a myth.

3 Likes
5 Likes

I’ve seen criminal Blacks coddled by GoodWhites called “samurai.”

3 Likes

Everybody would like to believe the law can be dispassionately applied.
I don’t know: can it?
I think about the OJ Simpson case a lot. That bozo was clearly guilty, but, as Dershowitz explained, the cops were so sure they had the right guy (which they did) that they monkeyed around with the physical evidence. Also from what the jurors said there was a certain “Triangle fire “ fatigue effect. But what if he hd been convicted? Wouldn’t hundreds more people have died in the ensuing riots?
And would that have been the best result? Maybe so, I’m not taking sides here; I’m asking what you think.
The massive and egregious civil rights violations being perpetrated by the various judges in the cases going on against Trump would not be happening to any other criminal defendant (And I still think he has a great Sec 1983 case against the DOJ and the NYAG) But to the Left it looks like he’s just being treated even-handedly.( If I hear “No one is above the law” just ONE more time…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)
Floyd was a lowlife, and Chauvin didn’t hasten his death. If it’s true this medical examiner perjured himself, let’s see him charged.
And you have to ask whether things coulda gotten any worse if Chauvin had not been charged. Probably yes, but again, should that be a consideration? Then what about by April 2021 when he was convicted?
I kinda wonder if, even WITH that horrible videotape, the matter woulda been such a big deal if it hadn’t been an occasion to break quarantine.
Very very few criminal cases, I think less than 3%, are tried, and the few that are all have elements of being a “show trial” , IMHO.

7 Likes

You can’t sustain a justice system in a society that does not respect the authority of military aged men’s absolute right to exclude, for any reason whatsoever, those they consider incompatible with them. They will inevitably be overrun by those empowered by the regime to infiltrate their turf and, once that has happened, the function of the jury system as penultimate palladium of liberty becomes unsustainable. Everyone is at mortal risk of being mobbed if they stand up for the individual.

Antichrist.

Then you have to have kids like Rittenhouse to take up arms – kids too young to understand that everything they’ve been told about by society is a lie.

In this respect, Rittenhouse’s acquittal is a travesty in the sense that it props up the lie that there is a justice system.

7 Likes

Wow, your first sentence is …really a….I’m not sure what to call it, but it’s a change of perspective which is always salutary and bracing. My only quibble with it would be: is it still true if the military is no longer composed exclusively of military age men?

I’ve forgotten most of the stuff about Rittenhouse, but from what I remember I wouldnta been surprised if he had been convicted. Why did he go out carrying a loaded gun? Ok he used it when he felt his own life threatened, thence justification. But along the lines of the doctrine of “antecedent negligence” , if he knew he’d was likely to be put in a life threatening situation, he coulda retreated, he coulda just stayed home. No I mean I’m glad he got off, but you’re right, it was low-hanging fruit.

4 Likes

Militaries are sustained by civil infrastructure. Until such time as the group organism aka “hive” has become a physical reality by usurping sex entirely, civilization (hence civil infrastructure) is founded on the acquiescence of young men to not kill older men and take their de facto harems.

The civil infrastructure critically depends on “cities” which, in reality, are quasi-space stations with life support systems that are best thought of as the critical organs of mass organisms.

Now… you may be correct that we’re far enough along the road to the “hive” that its warrior caste military (whether sterile trans, gays, lesbians or AI machines – or imported “studs” from other countries), has so demoralized men that there just aren’t enough feral military aged men to go do things like take a high power sniper rifle to the substations, during a cold snap, etc.

But think about the dopamine rush that Orwell talked about:

But always – do not forget this, Winston – always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face – for ever.

Sexual humiliation of young white hetero men is a dopamine rush to, not just the Democrat party, but the Republican employers that view young white hetero men as worthless – that their own sons should be replaced by immigrant military aged men.

Can ANY military, Federal, State NG, Mexican Cartel, be relied on to protect all those substations?

8 Likes

@jabowery , you really dug down below the topsoil there. My heart rate increased. Oh yes the death of the father, every young man’s enemy. Even the good ones, better off safely dead. Thank you, truly, I’m not sure for what but I’m not being sarcastic.

7 Likes

You make it sound like this is a new revelation. It is not. I have, somewhere on my computer, the notes of the ME. They clearly show there were no signs of asphyxiation on the body, which the ME claimed in his testimony. Apparently no one actually reads source documents anymore.

6 Likes

I think the issue is of the explicitness of the political pressure to change the report.

6 Likes

That, too, was reported at the time. I recollect reading someone reading the ME report and telling him,

“Jesus Christ! You can’t file this - they’ll crucify you!” (Or something to that effect.)

2 Likes

I would be interested to hear on what you base your judgement that “the bozo was clearly guilty…”

Nothing in my reading made OJ compatible with someone who had just committed a double homicide - by slitting the throats of TWO healthy subjects, ONE a young man in his 20’s.

1 Like