Michael Walsh Goes There: “To Save America, Repeal the 19th Amendment”

That would probably result in rioting in the streets, death threats, and immediate cancelling. These days that type of discussion would be done with violence instead of discourse. The fishtails have been hooked, cooked, and tossed on the midden.

4 Likes

That’s my point. He can say these things about women without opprobrium, but he couldn’t about any other group. Why? There are no more niggers in the world, but, now, as Lennon wrote, woman is the nigger of the world.
If it’s ok for men who “identify” as women to go swanning about in Femface, caricaturing female behavioral stereotypes, then will it ever be ok for someone who “identifies” as black to appear in blackface? Oh yeah that is grotesque caricature, but no more than the painted faces and fright wigs of the drag queens. If you think there’s a difference, elaborate, pray do.

I seem to run into this article everywhere I turn, much as I wanna be quit of it . I reckon here’s the thing: I like and appreciate men as a sex, I readily acknowledge their superior strength, and that men in general have more STEM ability than women in general. I respect and admire them.
And most of the time,I assume men return the favor, at least that the men of my own social, economic and educational level do.
But Mr Walsh must certainly be on a par with me, yet the contemptuous tone , the gratuitous insults, in this piece make me wonder whether I’m being näive about the gents. He coulda reported on his subject without all the snark. It makes me sad, to be put in a position where I can’t help but wonder, against my will, if respect really IS mutual, That’s all. ( And I really mean I hope this IS all.)

4 Likes

If we accept that men and women have different natures that affect their relative aptitude in certain areas, such as STEM, shouldn’t we also consider that the same natural differences might affect the relative ability of men and women to make political decisions? It’s not a question of superiority or inferiority, but we should recognize that the virtues of men are different from the virtues of women.

4 Likes

Yes and I do. See? I don’t mind the way you put this. I do dislike, as I said, the contemptuous gratuitously unpleasant things Walsh wrote.

7 Likes

I think women in stem ability is more of a cultural and indoctrination issue, not innate ability. We have three daughters. One engineer, third generation on both sides, that spent over 10 years running medical device startups. One with a MPH running a department in a big hospital, and the third a PhD candidate in a somewhat stemmy field. All excelled in math all through school. My wife ran a department in a rural hospital, and did research work in her field before moving to a farm in the north woods.

5 Likes

Consider the possibility that Walsh was so ungentlemanly in his piece because he was disappointed with the performance of women in office. If we consider the abysmal job performance of the women running the EU, Finland, or Scotland, it would be rather easy to sympathize with that kind of frustration. We were promised that things would be so much better once women were in the driving seat. Unfortunately, too often it has not turned out that way.

Ah but, women respond – look at the even worse job performance of men, such as Biden*. To which the disappointed male responds – Biden* was elected by the women’s vote. And at that point, the sexes are throwing stones at each other, and the “Divide & Conquer” objective of Our Betters has been achieved.

It all comes down to the realization that universal suffrage was a serious mistake … one which makes democracy unstable. Suffrage should be limited. The right to vote should be earned, not bestowed on anyone by accident of birth or gender. Let me hasten to add that gender should not be a factor in deciding whether a person can earn that right.

Unfortunately, we are stuck with the present system until after the collapse.

8 Likes

The economist John Lott, who is best known for his research on gun control and crime, also investigated the relationship between women’s suffrage and the size of government:

[Women’s suffrage] coincided with immediate increases in state government expenditures and revenue and more liberal voting patterns for federal representatives, and these effects continued growing over time as more women took advantage of the franchise.

Lott exploited the fact that some states granted women the right to vote earlier than others to isolate the effect of women’s suffrage (as opposed to other factors, such as WW1) on government spending. More controls are included in his full analysis.

7 Likes

You gents have just been watching for sump’n like this, haven’t ya? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
So women’s voting increased both expenditures and revenue, I get that. I’m not sure what the chart means by “more liberal”. Socially, or fiscally?
Either way I’m not arguing. I, personally, do want “Bread AND Roses”, cuz I think we’re all better off if we have both. But maybe men would eliminate the roses and cut spending by half.

Anyway, things are soooo much worse for women now than when we started this thread. We are being erased. A few days ago JW had an interesting post about how it may be the Y chromosome which is waning toward extinction; the bigger X chromosome can do quite a lot of what it performs anyway. But that amounts to the same thing, really. Maybe someday there really WILL be no such thing s a biological woman.,

4 Likes

Correlation is not causation, so it is not necessarily justifiable to blame women for the inexorable growth of unproductive overhead aka “government”. Many other social changes have been active over the time frame. Perhaps the real message is that expanding the franchise in any form introduces high risks for the stability & continuation of society – and universal suffrage virtually ensures the failure of “democracy”.

4 Likes

The question is whether feminine social psychology is more:

A) Let’s agree to disagree
or
B) Let’s agree to agree

I know there are plenty of those who will argue about this – even in the heterodox community of social psychology like Jonathan Haidt with his “heterodox academy”.

But here’s the problem:

If there is no practical way, short of bloodshed, to permit people to “agree to disagree” in the sense of territorial allocation to test their social theories, then Jonathan Haidt has to admit that he, personally, is among those cornering guys like me into, uh… let’s just say doing things I’d really rather not be doing.

Why is Jonathan Haidt guilty of possibly triggering a Thirty Years War Meets French Revolution?

Because even in the heterodox community we can’t agree on cause and effect regarding female vs male social psychology and its impact on centralization of social policy – so the only thing we can do is resort to an objective criterion for macrosocial model selection like Hume’s Guillotine:

BUT (and here comes Haidt) which relies on the most principled hence objective model selection criterion with which to resolve disputes when we are forced to “agree to agree”:

Ockham’s Razor

Haidt saw this coming and headed it off at the pass with his indictment of Ockham’s Razor applied precisely to such objective model selection:

This, in turn, was repeated by the likes of Steve Sailer and even the supposedly “numerate” John Derbyshire who apparently look up to Haidt (Charles Murray is I guess just too far gone).

I’m not going to say that Kevin MacDonald’s assessment of “The Heterodox Academy” as a “controlled opposition” to unenlightened Jewish self-interest is right, but it certainly looks like Haidt has sabotaged my ability to get conservative support for Hume’s Guillotine from exactly the 2 individuals that possess the influence and should possess sufficient numeracy to “get” that it would nuke the social pseudosciences.

Look, if you think I’m being mean to poor Professor Haidt, you have to understand you just don’t get to occupy critical positions like Haidt is doing without inviting Hell Fire and Brimestone when you – at just the right moment and on exactly the right issue – act exactly as a double agent for Satan.

4 Likes

In 1961-1962, there were no less than 3 movies produced depicting the myth of the rape of the Sabine women, ushering in the 1960s transition to the “Will take rapists over racists!” zeitgeist:

Michael Walsh’s article invokes the rape of the Sabine women as a mythic archetype:

5 Likes

A bride-raid story, explaining exogamy. . It’s mild compared to the story of Dinah, Jacob’s daughter. After she was raped by a prince of the tribe whose lands Jacob and co. were passing through, the king proposed that the two groups intermarry. Jacob’s sons said they wouldn’t give their women to uncircumcised men, so, no problem, all the men of that tribe got the snip on the same day. While they were Incapacitated Jacob’s sons carried off all their women.

7 Likes

It’s actually a little more stark: they also killed all the males AND recovered Dinah. No surprise there….

However, the real shock for me was an article in torah dot org that reasoned: they had the men circumcised so that upon their [Dinah’s abductors] deaths—no one would care about the death of some circumcised men. (Figuring that to the incurious, it would look like a group of Jews had been slain(!!)).

Makes you think.

3 Likes

It sure does! But it’s …one of the last and greatest stories of Jacob’s “trickster” career. I :heart::heart:that “plain man, dwelling in tents” who gave the nation its name, Israel. And the Ford of Jabbok is one of my faves.
I have been reproached on other sites for calling him Jake. But CTFO, that’s not fair! These guys, Abe, Ike, Jake, were my childhood playmates! I grew up on the Old Testament stories, a Bible-thumping Prot. They’re like Robin Hood or George Washington to me.

4 Likes