Presidents’ Day

Not much to celebrate THIS year. We don’t really have a President. Ol Jo{k} e is just kinda bulletin board for his handlers’ messages. But to be fair, Presidents’ Day hasn’t been much fun since Clinton. Remember? “Presidents’ Day Sale: Men’s Pants, Half Off”……:joy::joy::joy:

I finally fished Bronze Age Mindset, reminded to do so by a piece about it on American Greatness yesterday. Per BAP, Polk was our greatest president ever. So I looked him up: he presided over the vastest territorial expansion in our nation’s history. YAY!!!

6 Likes

He also made a campaign pledge to, if elected, serve only one term, which he kept.

7 Likes

Following your earlier comments about Bronze Age Mindset, Hypatia, I took the plunge – bought it & read it. Still trying to make up my mind as to whether it is a joke put together by a person with an internet search engine or if it is a cri de coeur from an erudite person. Either way, the copy goes on the stack for books I am very unlikely ever to look at again.

Talking about Presidents – today I find myself feeling sorry for that Biden* fellow. It seems like elder-abuse to have a heavily-medicated old man stumbling about Kiev, not really knowing where he is while he gives away Other People’s Money. By the way, for the capital of a country that is supposed to be at war with a vicious enemy, downtown Kiev looks remarkably nice – much more kempt than downtown San Francisco, let alone Ohio’s East Palestine.

2 Likes

Kiev is the center of Russian orthodoxy, it’s where the first conversions took place in around 800 AD. I have always thought, or at least hoped, that Putin would not bomb the Lavra, the Golden Gate, and the other nearby beautiful cathedrals.

About BAP: oh c’mon, Gavin! You hafta be glad you read the thing! If you’re not, now, you will be: I think it’s coming to the surface again because they think they’ve identified the author: one Costin Almariu (not sure of the spelling) a Romanian, a Yale PhD candidate __so now the cucks will be trying to show him up…

6 Likes

Our best president was and will always be John Tyler. He is the only one to operate his administration from the view of, if it ain’t in the Constitution, I can’t do it. Because of that mindset he vetoed just about the entire platform of his party. This led to him being a one term president. He also told Virginia to secede and that is tops in my book.

2 Likes