Russia Out

5 Likes

From Space.com
Russia will leave International Space Station after 2024 | Space

3 Likes
3 Likes

I realize it’s de rigeur to hate on Russia, but they are #2 in spacefaring knowledge. They literally have done rocket science, especially for rocket motors.

4 Likes

In the photo in the original tweet above, once again, Putin’s right hand is grasping the tabletop.

https://www.google.com/search?q=putin+right+hand+table

So much disinformation and propaganda in this world! Institutions like England’s London Broadcasting Company are especially suspect. So what is really going on?

The “International” Space Station was originally designed to have a 15 year working life, which would have seen it deorbited in 2016. It has now been in operation for about 22 years, and the current plan is to terminate it in 2031. For the Russia-haters, it looks like Russia is merely trying to weasel out of contributing to the expense of abandoning the ISS.

But maybe Russia’s move to establish its own space station is a reaction to China’s success in putting an independent Chinese Space Station in orbit. Russia needs to keep up with its neighbors, especially as the competition for global technological leadership enters a new phase. Certainly, a space station run by a single country avoids a lot of the wasteful bureaucracy and sub-optimal decisions involved in an “International” venture.

4 Likes

In this and the following pics, I am not at all impressed that Putin’s health is failing. I would chalk this up to simple. old age. Certainly he is far more spry than Biden shows in many, many of his pics/video clips. I don’’t see Putin stumbling repeatedly going up airplane stairs - or crashing his bike. And I would submit my hand has larger veins than his!

6 Likes

Ignore the photographs. Look at the video of Putin‘s legs. Just do a search for “Putin legs“. Whether standing or sitting his legs are going crazy. My working theory is that his grasping of a table is not to steady hand tremors but to brace his entire body in an attempt to stabilize leg movements. One question is whether the leg movement is a symptom of the disease or a reaction to drugs he is taking for the disease.

2 Likes

Using dopaminergic medications to treat RLS however can be tricky. In some people they can lead to a phenomenon known as augmentation, in which long term use of dopaminergic medications can worsen the symptoms – making them appear earlier in the day or migrating to the upper body in addition to the legs.

…To complicate matters, some researchers of this topic explain that the experience of people with PD is not actually RLS but rather something else called leg motor restlessness (LMR). The difference between the two is that RLS is worse when the legs are not moving and temporarily relieved by movement whereas leg motor restlessness is not worse when the legs are not moving and not relieved by movement. LMR may be increased in people with PD, whereas true RLS may not be.

2 Likes

The Russia-haters should remember the curse of getting what they want – in this case, they want a Putin who is as debilitated as Biden*.

Given the tidal wave of pro-Ukrainian propaganda, we have great difficulty in the West in getting accurate information about the Russian side of the proxy war our Betters are waging in Ukraine’s back yard. But what we do seem to see is there is a degree of dis-satisfaction with President Putin’s very cautious approach to liberating Russian-speakers from the Kiev junta. It is likely that whoever replaced President Putin would be much more aggressive, much harder line – which would likely lead to a much wider, much more destructive war.

4 Likes

This is pure copium and hopium. The truth is that the Ruskies are beating the heck out of Ukraine and demonstrating the weakness of the West in the process. Hoping and praying that Putin will die soon is neither realistic nor critical to the unfolding of events. Mumbly Joe is already much further gone and yet the GAE (Global American Empire) continues to bumble along.

As for Putin’s crazy legs, it looks like fidgeting to me. Maybe he has restless leg syndrome — who knows? Either way, he’s got a lot more going on above the neck than the Leader of the Free World has. Besides, Putin’s military is not led by woke useful idiots like Gen. Milley, who’s more concerned about systemic racism, white supremacy, and trans rights than he is about fighting a war.

The GAE is in decline, and not a moment too soon. For now, it’s a slow decline but, like bankruptcy, it may abruptly go from “slowly” to “suddenly.”

6 Likes

Quite the contrary. I do not believe Putin is near death. But I believe his condition may be shortening his time horizon. He has no reason to play the long game.

3 Likes

It is arguable that President Putin has been playing the long game all along.

Everyone knows that the attention span of the Woke West is short, and consequently Western support for the proxy war is already declining – witness that the Ukraine has dropped to the bottom of many media sources. Further, Russia can see that the blowback from Western economic sanctions is hurting the West, while arguably benefitting Russia. Russia knows that the majority of countries do not support the US/NATO proxy war, and are acting accordingly – witness the oil deals with China & India. And winter is coming.

There is a reasonable case that time is on Russia’s side. Playing the long game makes sense, and may partly explain the slow deliberate approach of the Russian military.

6 Likes

Last time I checked, the ruble is at a 5-year high against the dollar. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Mumbly Joe.

Scratch that comment about the ruble; it is at a 7-year high. Those sanctions are working great.

6 Likes

I believe that a better explanation is that Russia’s military is not led by a Miley but by a corrupt Biden-like collection. This is exacerbated by Putin’s KGB-history of keeping everything secret - even from those who are expected to accomplish the goals.

3 Likes

Sorry, I am having difficulty understanding the point. Is the implication that it would be better for a military to be led by a Chinese-calling traitor like “General” Milley rather than by a corrupt individual? If those are the choices, can we ask the dealer for a new hand?

2 Likes

Heck, if those are the choices, we should dump this pop stand and look for a new card game altogether. When the House is that corrupt no one wins anything. Might as well just turn over your cash and go to bed.

2 Likes

Russian defector denies Parkinson’s and cancer rumors.

Around the 15:10 mark.

3 Likes

Interestingly, the video above was set to start at a particular time. But for me it starts at 0:00.

2 Likes