California delenda est

Everyone already knows the ‘blue states’ are going down the tubes. Nevertheless, some events hit home because they have a personal connection. This is one of those.

The story linked below is about a brutal rape in an LA suburb at the end of July. It caught my eye because I recognized the site of the attack: a place I passed every day on my way to work. The victim was attacked by a transient (i.e., a bum) who had just been released from custody on his own recognizance after having been arrested on a weapons charge. According to the city attorney, the release “…was in accordance with the penal code.”

There is no sense in which this was a dangerous neighborhood. There is no justification for having allowed this bum back out on the street. And yet this is the state of affairs in the once-great place to live and work. My outrage level is at 11.

We left California in mid-July and it feels like that was just in time.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/woman-brutally-attacked-raped-in-torrance-while-walking-her-dogs/

10 Likes

In only a part of my lifetime, California has changed from the End of the Rainbow to the End of the Sewer Pipe. Sad, but there it is.

6 Likes

Doc I’m glad you and your family escaped that hell hole.

4 Likes

“A little revolution now and then is a healthy thing, don’t you think?”

Great movie. The technical consultant on that film was a submariner who was helping us on a project at around the time of the film’s release. This was in the era before sharks with frickin’ lasers on their heads.

6 Likes

Welcome to the new world, sir.

3 Likes

It seems like the old world, except that China’s now shipping fentanyl to the US, rather than Britain opium to China:

4 Likes