Election Day

“Passion, reason, custom, rules!
Creeds of the churches! Lore of the schools!
Taint in the blood and strength of soul,
Flesh too weak for the will’s control!
Poverty, riches, pride of birth!
Wailing, laughter, over the Earth!
Here I have you caught again:
Enter my web, ye sons of men!”

—Edgar Lee Masters, from “Spoon River Anthology” (Beelzebub speaking)

8 Likes

We are definitely in his web.

2 Likes

https://nitter.nl/ComicDaveSmith/status/1589960414473125889#m

I’ve been thinking exactly the same thing since Biden’s “Reichstag II: Electric Boogaloo” speech last week…

5 Likes

I know. There’s n article about that on Am Thinker today. It’s like he knows the fix is in.

5 Likes

Because the fix is in. PA, GA, AZ. Populists must never have power again.

2 Likes

And so it has come to pass. The fix was in. America is effectively a one-party communist state.

2 Likes

Pied piper strategy worked then (wikileaks doesn’t seem to be working for me today): https://web.archive.org/web/20170323112758/https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/fileid/1120/251

Pied piper strategy worked again:
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/democrats-risky-midterm-strategy-elevate-election-deniers-appears-pay-off-2022-11-09/

To: The Democratic National Committee
Re: 2016 GOP presidential candidates
Date: April 7, 2015

Friends,

This memo is intended to outline the strategy and goals a potential Hillary Clinton presidential campaign would have regarding the 2016 Republican presidential field. Clearly most of what is contained in this memo is work the DNC is already doing. This exercise is intended to put those ideas to paper.

Our Goals & Strategy

Our hope is that the goal of a potential HRC campaign and the DNC would be one-in-the-same: to make whomever the Republicans nominate unpalatable to a majority of the electorate. We have outlined three strategies to obtain our goal:

1. Force all Republican candidates to lock themselves into extreme conservative positions that will hurt them in a general election;
  2. Undermine any credibility/trust Republican presidential candidates have to make inroads to our coalition or independents;
  3. Muddy the waters on any potential attack lodged against HRC.

Operationalizing the Strategy

Pied Piper Candidates

There are two ways to approach the strategies mentioned above. The first is to use the field as a whole to inflict damage on itself similar to what happened to Mitt Romney in 2012. The variety of candidates is a positive here, and many of the lesser known can serve as a cudgel to move the more established candidates further to the right. In this scenario, we don’t want to marginalize the more extreme candidates, but make them more “Pied Piper” candidates who actually represent the mainstream of the Republican Party. Pied Piper candidates include, but aren’t limited to:

• Ted Cruz
  • Donald Trump
  • Ben Carson

We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to them seriously. Undermining Their Message & Credibility Most of the more-established candidates will want to focus on building a winning general election coalition. The “Pied Pipers” of the field will mitigate this to a degree, but more will need to be done on certain candidates to undermine their credibility among our coalition (communities of color, millennials, women) and independent voters. In this regard, the goal here would be to show that they are just the same as every other GOP candidate: extremely conservative on these issues.

Some examples:

• Jeb Bush
What to undermine: the notion he is a “moderate” or concerned about regular Americans; perceived inroads with the Latino population.
• Marco Rubio
What to undermine: the idea he has “fresh” ideas; his perceived appeal to Latinos
• Scott Walker
What to undermine: the idea he can rally working- and middle class Americans.
• Rand Paul
What to undermine: the idea he is a “different” kind of Republican; his stance on the military and his appeal to millennials and communities of color.
• Bobby Jindal
What to undermine: his “new” ideas
• Chris Christie
What to undermine: he tells it like it is.

Muddying the Waters

As we all know, the right wing attack machine has been building its opposition research on Hillary Clinton for decades. The RNC et al has been telegraphing they are ready to attack and do so with reckless abandon. One way we can respond to these attacks is to show how they boomerang onto the Republican presidential field. The goal, then, is to have a dossier on the GOP candidates on the likely attacks HRC will face. Based on attacks that have already occurred, the areas they are highlighting:

• Transparency & disclosure
  • Donors & associations
  • Management & business dealings

In this regard, any information on scandals or ethical lapses on the GOP candidates would serve well. We won’t be picky. Again, we think our goals mirror those of the DNC. We look forward to continuing the conversation.

3 Likes

Interesting that the “strategy” has not one word on the positive benefits that a Democrat administration could bring to the citizens. It is all negative. Sadly, it works. I know at least one lady who refused to vote at all in the recent election because of her disgust with the (mainly Democrat) negative TV adverts.

But now that Democrats have proved that election fraud is an unpunishable victimless crime (as long as they are the ones doing the fraud), there may be no need for Pied Pipers.

5 Likes

What is happening as a result of this massive and now institutionalised election fraud (by means of mail-in ballots, ballot harvesting, evisceration of validity checking, elimination of voter ID, etc.) is a loss, probably irreparable, of the assumption of legitimacy in election results. This permanently changes the relationship of the citizen to the state. When a citizen comes to believe that the ruling power will always “win” regardless of the efforts to unseat it, potential opponents will be disinclined to mount a futile effort to overcome the built-in fraud.

The second order effect of this is that those “elected” will have no more legitimacy or respect from their “constitutents” than those elected by margins of 99.7% in the old East Germany. Of course, since slavers are incapable of thinking more than one move ahead, they do not see where this eventually ends.

What is amazing is how docile the population and minority parties are in the face of this overt fraud. It’s not like it’s a tradition—most of it dates from the COVID-19 “emergency measures” of 2020, and should be easily reversible. Mail-in and Internet voting can be secure and trusted—it is the norm in Switzerland and nobody doubts the results because the ballots are verified and counted at the local level with representatives of all parties who wish to participate monitoring the process, and on a scale where it’s your neighbours doing so, not some anonymous process. Polls close at noon on Sunday, and final results are generally available by late afternoon the same day.

If they want to take things up a notch on the high-tech spectrum, why shouldn’t the U.S. pioneer blockchain voting with cryptographically signed ballots that prevent double voting while preserving anonymity of voters?

8 Likes

Because it would not suit those already in power. The present system works fine for them… “until they do not see where this eventually ends”.

Meanwhile, for those of us who can see what is happening - when I consider the hopeful and mostly unified nation with an agreed cultural reality into which I was born and what it has deteriorated into - I feel an overwhelming sense of betrayal. It is not as though there is no obvious model to which one can refer. We are living in a slightly more sophisticated, slower motion rendition of the creation of the Soviet Union. It will be no less crushing to the human spirit as it comes inevitably to fruition before our eyes.

8 Likes

Right John. Why do we think we can win in a system they control? I made this analogy last night with some good friends: it’s like playing a football game where the opposing side controls the rules, the enforcement of those rules, the media reporting on the game, and the coaches for the team you are on! There is no sense trying to “take back America” because they aren’t going to let us take anything.

6 Likes

That would be one solution. But the Democrats would trot out an Alaskan native who does not have reliable access to the internet as a demonstration that this would be yet another form of discrimination. Almost as discriminatory as asking people to show up physically at the polling station!

There could be a whole range of solutions to restore confidence that only living people vote and their votes are counted accurately. But perhaps part of the problem in the US is a surfeit of “democracy”. Even in my small backward State, the ballot is two pages long. The citizen is asked to vote on candidates for Federal, State, & County offices, for judges, for bond issues, for constitutional amendments. The complications stemming from votes on +/- 30 separate issues on one ballot certainly make it easier for some nefarious characters to require that votes be counted in a foreign country by a Canadian company’s proprietary software.

5 Likes

I’m losing my patience with this. Yes, all right minded people “know”, or suspect with good reason, that the Covid-initiated election procedures favor Dems. And yes there’s the dead voter issue, but that isn’t new.
Here’s my question, and I think CW was getting at it:

Why SHOULD mailing a ballot to every registered voter, (to take one practice) favor Dems?

Why aren’t there just as many lazy Republicans who decide,well, I’ve got this thing in my hand, I know how I’m gonna vote, may’s well take care of it now?

This carping about absentee voting, early voting, even ballot harvesting:
Doesn’t it just make it seem like we’d rather NOT have everybody vote?

And if we think, as I just read and as we hear ad nauseum, , that those practices create a “potential for fraud”, then why aren’t WE the Rightly Guided out there doing it ourselves? (I mean not the fraud but the technique)

No I’m really afraid that what we just saw IS democracy, maybe even IS populism. The culture war is over and we L O S T.
I mean, if that’s what happened, then according to our own cherished principles, we have no cause to complain.

4 Likes

Hyp,

Until we either return to the way the western world votes or practice the techniques of the left with as much vigor . We will not know .

3 Likes

Yuh, Kev, that’s my point. We don’t know.

2 Likes

But they aren’t mailing a ballot to every registered voter. They are spewing ballots out into the mail based on unvalidated lists of names and addresses, with large numbers of reports by homeowners of receiving five or more ballots for people who not only don’t live at their addresses, but don’t seem to correspond to previous owners or residents they’re aware of. Ballots are going out based upon driver licenses and motor vehicle registrations and other sources which do not validate citizenship, eligibility, or protect against voting in multiple jurisdications.

This creates, with taxpayer funding, the raw material for fraud, and one political party has mobilised to exploit, it, Hoovering up these bogus ballots, filling them in, and dropping them without any validation or control in un-monitored boxes where they will be added to the pool of legitimate ballots. Add to this practices such as collecting ballots at nursing homes and “helping” residents fill them out and submit them, and you have a mechanism that can produce as many votes on demand as are required to tip an election.

The Rightly Guided are not so inclined to be crooks and, to tell the truth, many of the mainstream GOP prefer “defeat with dignity” to what it takes to win against Bolshevik liars and thugs.

When there is a mass operation committing felonies (see 52 USC § 20511) and there is no investigation, prosecution, or consequences for the perpetrators, and this rampant criminality is cancelling out the votes of eligible voters who followed the rules, there is plenty of cause to complain.

9 Likes

We have to start with the well-established historical trend that the Party in power loses seats in the Mid-Terms. That happened even to the sainted Obama. And that trend is more pronounced when the economy is in the toilet and inflation is running wild, as today. And yet – this time, the Democrat Establishment had very low losses. Strange!

Now we are seeing scattered but deeply buried reports of the peculiarity of votes being cast for the Democrat “winner” of the top of the ballot race, while the same voter preferred Republicans down ballot. Strange!

If it looks like Fraud, and walks like Fraud, and quacks like Fraud, then there is a significant possibility that it is indeed Fraud. Especially in a situation where none of us can check the system, with its foreign ownership and its proprietary software.

The peculiarity is the relaxed attitude of the Institutional Republicans, who seem quite happy to have elections stolen from them and refuse even to raise the perfectly valid issue of reassuring all voters that elections are honest. The same country that insisted on “purple finger” voting in Iraq has no interest in ensuring honest voting in the US. Why are the Institutional Republicans not making this a major issue? That is the real question.

9 Likes

Gavin, the institutional republicans (Mitch and the gang ) have a handful of “yes” votes for sale if they stay in the minority. If they are the majority they no longer can sell votes and have to pretend to govern. This just won’t do !

It’s an equilibrium where everyone gets what they want . Accept for the people pulling the cart out in the hinterland .

7 Likes

Well, Gavin and JW, IF by some miracle the Rs get even a slight majority in the House, then I hope they investigate and start proving some of this stuff that we, as I said, already know.

(At present I doubt they’re gonna get even the House. Lotsa the races still uncalled are from California, i read.)

About GOP voters less likely to be crooks: yes, I said I didn’t mean we should commit fraud. Although,I dk, IF our voters were as hot as the Dems, and, registered or not, they receive a buncha ballots, well, wouldntcha think they might seize the opportunity,too?

I’m in NEPA, and this is definitely Trump country. That’s the thing though: rural America is trump country, but the majority of the people are in Phila , Pittsburgh, or very wealthy suburban counties, like Bucks and Montgomery.

I’m just saying, it looks to me like our side maybe really is in the minority. On any issue that is put to a vote,we will lose and lose.

5 Likes

I don’t mind being in a minority – that is where most of my life has been lived. I get exercised, though, about being a victim of fraud when perhaps I am in the majority but will never be allowed to know it.

There is a saying somewhere that people tend to become that which they oppose. Certainly, the USA which fought against Fascism is now well on the way to having a fascist ruling elite. The Democrat Establishment is apparently quite happy to steal elections, and lots of ordinary Democrats apparently don’t care how they win just as long as they win. The Institutional Republicans are worthless. Faced with that, let’s us peons try to keep our integrity as “Not the Democrats”.

Taking the longer view, the Political Class has won a Pyrrhic victory. There is no way they can fix the problems they have created of a de-industrialized import-dependent economy with an impossible debt burden and a mis-educated rising generation. Since we cannot change any of that, we can at least maintain our self-respect as the whole edifice crumbles.

6 Likes