Elon Musk—“A Future Worth Getting Excited About”

On 2022-04-06, Elon Musk sat down for an hour’s conversation with Chris Anderson, head of the middlebrow TED Foundation, at the Tesla Gigafactory in Austin, Texas. Excerpts from this interview were shown prior to Musk’s appearance at TED Vancouver 2022, which was linked here on 2022-04-14, but there is much that is new, including discussions of Neuralink, the Boring Company, the disadvantages of being a public company and why SpaceX remains private, the battery requirements to replace fossil fuel entirely with electricity, and more.

I was somewhat amazed while watching this to discover that there is little of anything that Musk said with which I disagree, apart from his estimated dates for achieving goals in the future.

2 Likes

In related news,

https://twitter.com/boringcompany/status/1516948967367581698

Here is the press release, “The Boring Company Series C Funding Round Announcement”. I don’t know what’s with the light grey on white font.

Our Series C funding round of $675 million, led by Vy Capital and Sequoia Capital, with participation from Valor Equity Partners, Founders Fund, 8VC, Craft Ventures, and DFJ Growth. The financing now values The Boring Company at $5.675 billion.

We are also happy to share that a group of leading real estate partners of strategic importance are also joining the round, including Brookfield, Lennar, Tishman Speyer, and Dacra.

The Boring Company (TBC) was founded by Elon Musk to revolutionize transportation.