"Elon, you emigrated to the wrong country."™*

Here we take note of the myriad governmental actions against Musk and his companies.

Feel free to add your own real or imagined ones.

And the latest:

* “Elon, you emigrated to the wrong country.” is a trademark of John Walker, used with permission.

3 Likes

The Egregious Frum suggests nationalising Starlink if Elon Musk ceases to provide free service to Ukraine. He cites that great advocate of liberty and the rule of law, Woodrow Wilson, as precedent.

frum_starlink_2022-10-20

Elon, you emigrated to the wrong country.

11 Likes

Now we understand why Elon is on a tear to get to Mars…

8 Likes

Someone should include in the next aid package to Ukraine that fish lipped POS. He’s a warmonger so give his ass front row seats. I hate neocons.

6 Likes

Great idea! Nationalizing Starlink would turn all those lazy incompetent Musk employees into hard-working pronoun-conscious civil servants – think TSA (Thousands Standing Around). And then the Government could make sure that Starlink’s staff “looks like America”.

It would be hard to imagine a greater gift to the Russian war effort in the Ukraine than US government seizure of Starlink. Maybe that is Frum’s point?

5 Likes

When you read “journalists” statements like this, you understand left doesn’t understand Freedom and doesn’t understand that they are marching us to WW III, if not redirected soon. We must stand for peace before it is too late.

7 Likes

I must have missed the Senate vote for war. Here I am thinking that the US is engaged in a illegal proxy war.

9 Likes

Yes, he seized the nation’s railroads, and then after a disaster of trying to run them, gave them back. The only thing good to come out of it were the valuation diagrams.

2 Likes

Department of “Justice” is recruiting plaintiffs…

…and bragging about this triumph for equity.

“Elon, you emigrated to the wrong country.”™

9 Likes

In the grand scheme of things, didn’t we all?

7 Likes

Old news, but article now asserts a federal probe:

5 Likes

What ever happened to the judicial favorite evasion of “mere puffery”?

8 Likes

If the gummint would like to continue to access the ISS, they better get off his back.

8 Likes

SpaceX goes to court over the discrimination case:

1. But aside from being factually and legally insupportable, the government’s proceedings are unconstitutional for at least four reasons: (1) the administrative law judge (ALJ) adjudicating the government’s complaint was unconstitutionally appointed; (2) the ALJ is unconstitutionally insulated from Presidential authority because she is protected by two layers of for-cause removal protections; (3) the ALJ is unconstitutionally purporting to adjudicate SpaceX’s rights in an administrative proceeding rather than in federal court; and (4) the ALJ is unconstitutionally denying SpaceX its Seventh Amendment right to a jury trial.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67800148/space-exploration-technologies-corp-v-bell/

4 Likes
5 Likes

This is a callback, but, with the UAW dominating the news, we may soon be revisiting:

3 Likes

Musk UAW tweet case apparently being reheard en banc:

UAW organizers v. Tesla dress code case also pending:

4 Likes

Here is the Wall Street Journal opinion piece from which this clip was taken, “The Harassment of Elon Musk”, published on 2023-09-22.

This is the Bloomberg article cited by the WSJ, “SpaceX Blast Left Officials in Disbelief Over Environmental Damage”, 2023-08-25.

(Both article links are via archive.is to bypass paywalls.)

10 Likes

Unless I seriously misunderstand Musk, I think among his various options, he might just consider pulling up stakes and heading for friendlier climes. He surely can read the handwriting already on the wall (and the sidewalks of SFO).

4 Likes
3 Likes