The Wright Model B was introduced in 1910 and, in addition to in-house production by the Wrights, was also built under license by manufacturers in the U.S. and Germany. Around 100 were sold, with the U.S. Army and Navy principal customers. A two seat design, it was used as a trainer in addition to other applications.
This replica uses a more powerful modern engine and is equipped with ailerons on the wings for roll control, replacing the “wing warping” scheme used in the original planes. Some of the original Model B airplanes were also modified to use ailerons, which provided better control and were easier to fly.