From 1926—“Our Common Enemy — the Housefly”

This is a silent film with piano accompaniment.

6 Likes

Necroposting. Periscope has digitized a lot of great old films.

We should take the time to show respect and reflect upon the creatures we share the universe with. As a toddler my oldest would give them a brief sendoff before helping them on to whatever afterlife awaited, “Bye fly, time to die”. This wasn’t her, just a random gif

2 Likes

Just in time:

Cockroaches spread the virus in the environment and contaminate food and surfaces. Their role will be important in crowded places such as hotels, lodging houses, restaurants and hospitals.

3 Likes

Fascinating! And this goes back to a I put up a week or so ago:insects are our implacable and incredibly prolific ENEMIES! You, JW, didn’t agree with me that farming them, increasing their size and hardihood, isn’t a good idea. That was reassuring, but…I’m not convinced.
How did they get that fly to perform with a ball and baton?
This reminds me of a flea circus. Sometimes they used actual fleas , although how they got the harness on ‘em I really can’t imagine.

5 Likes

Proof that all that masking and quarantine wasn’t needed?

1 Like

Proof that it didn’t go far enough! You see, if all of the cockroaches had been required to wear masks, be locked down in their dens, and socially distance from one another, we could have knocked this thing out in a couple of weeks!

5 Likes

All part of the cockroach’s evil plan to take over the universe even quicker

2 Likes

Lockdowns wouldn’t have been needed if the flights from China were stopped in time.

1 Like

WHY are we allowing China to get away with that, about the flights!?!? This should be like that Roman senator who ended every speech with “Carthage delenda est”. Our government should be reminding us, every day, that China deliberately loosed a plague on the world.

WHO would be the one to make this decision, but there were four complicating factors:

4 Likes