ISBNiser Updated to Version 1.7

I have just posted the version 1.7 update of ISBNiser. This is a utility, written in Perl and able to run on any system which supports that language, which validates International Standard Book Numbers (ISBNs) in either the ISBN-10 or current ISBN-13 formats, interconverts the formats where possible, correctly hyphenates ISBNs according the baroque and ever-changing rules of the International ISBN Agency, and generates Amazon Associates links allowing those who cite books to earn a commission when their citation results in a sale.

The only change in this release is updating the “ISBN Range” database used to properly hyphenate ISBNs into their components. This was last updated in version 1.6 in May 2020, and since has accreted changes for the following “agencies”:

Argentina, Benin, Bhutan, Brazil, China, Colombia, Ecuador, English
language, Ghana, Guatemala, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Luxembourg,
Macau, Malaysia, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Namibia, Pakistan,
Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Taiwan,
Tajikistan, Tanzania, Turkey, Uganda, United States, ia

No, the “ia” is not an error—it’s an ISBN agency, but I have no idea what it means.

You can read more about ISBNiser and download it from the ISBNiser home page, or follow its development and clone its development environment from its repository at GitHub.

1 Like

When I saw this topic title my brain substituted a D, yielding ISDNiser. It prompted a “huh, wonder what could possibly have prompted that” comment to self.

FWIW.

1 Like