La Suisse après le fléau

As of Thursday, 2022-02-17, almost all public health restrictions related to COVID-19 are abolished in Switzerland. Here are excerpts from the press release on 2022-02-16 announcing the measures, “Coronavirus: Federal Council to lift measures – mask requirement on public transport and in healthcare institutions and isolation in the event of illness to remain until end of March” (emphasis in original).

From Thursday, 17 February, masks and COVID certificates will no longer be required to enter shops, restaurants, cultural venues and other public settings and events. The requirement to wear masks in the workplace and the recommendation to work from home will also end. At its meeting on 16 February, the Federal Council took the decision to lift the majority of measures in place to contain the coronavirus pandemic. Only the requirements to isolate in the event of a positive test and to wear masks on public transport and in healthcare institutions will remain in place until the end of March to protect those at high risk, after which the situation status will return to normal.

From Thursday, 17 February, the following protective measures will be lifted throughout Switzerland:

• mask requirement in shops, restaurants, as well as in other public settings (facilities, venues and events)
  • mask requirement in the workplace
  • access restrictions regulated by COVID certificate (3G, 2G and 2G±rule) to facilities and venues such as cinemas, theatres and restaurants, as well as events
  • permit requirement for large-scale events
  • restrictions on private gatherings

In agreement with the Federal Council, voluntary capacity restrictions in the retail sector and in cablecars and gondolas will be lifted.

The recommendation issued by the FOPH to work from home is also lifted. Employers are therefore free to determine whether staff should work from home or wear masks in the workplace.

Persons who have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 will still be required to isolate. This is to prevent people who are highly infectious from infecting others.

The mask requirement on public transport and in healthcare institutions will remain in place. Residents of old people’s and nursing homes are exempt.

The provisions of the COVID-19 Special Situation Ordinance on isolation and the mask requirement on public transport and in healthcare institutions will still apply until the end of March. If the epidemiological situation continues to evolve as expected, the ordinance will expire on 1 April and the situation status will return to normal.

Health-related measures for persons entering the country are to be lifted. It will no longer be necessary to provide proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative test or complete an entry form.

I was in a mall today, 2022-02-18, dropping off my mobile phone “Old Sweller II” for a battery replacement, and one day after this directive, I’d estimate less than 5% of people were wearing masks. I then dropped off my car for service, and nobody in the service department or maintenance bay was wearing a mask.

The Swiss may be respectful of authority and obedient, but they are so over this.

enough

5 Likes

Good Lord! Surely Swiss Authorities are smart enough to look at the data? All through this enhanced flu, the people who have demonstrably been at risk have been the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions (which means most of the residents of old people’s and nursing homes).

So healthy young Swiss will have to wear masks on public transport, while the At-Risk elderly are encouraged to sit around with no masks. If anybody believed that masks actually gave any protection, we could be forgiven for wondering about the Authorities’ motivation.

I’ve tickets to France at the end of April. Hopefully Macron will come around by then, too. Not much chance of sanity in the French government, but one can hope. ):

3 Likes