More Amazing Results from DALL-E 2 and an Open Source Clone

“wolverines running on a treadmill, Popular Mechanics illustration”

1 Like

Here is another that triggered the Raucous Buzzer of Disapprobation from DALL-E 2. The prompt was:

things I see fleetingly in peripheral vision after cataract removal that I did not see before, color cover from Philip K. Dick novel, 1960s

Here is how DALL-E 2 responded.

buzzer

As usual, DALL-E mini had no problem with this prompt, but the results were not what I was looking for (or seeing).

Don’t ask why I asked this.

3 Likes

I won’t ask if you like Philip K. Dick novels.

“wheat field with flattened grain forming a QR code pattern, color aerial photograph”

This wasn’t what I was looking for. The intent was an illustration for a science fiction story in which a language researcher is using machine learning to try to figure out enigmatic crop circle-like patterns in fields of grain that resemble QR codes. The universal translator finally cracks the code and they’re found to say “Tastes like chicken.”

5 Likes

“wolf politicians debating in front of an audience of sheep, pen and ink Far Side cartoon style”

5 Likes

“bipedal rats with numbers on their chests crossing a marathon finish line, pen and ink cartoon”

Even if you win the rat race, you’re still a rat.

3 Likes

I was granted access to the DALL-E 2 beta today and I’m having a lot of fun with it. This is a wonderful technology. It’s just a shame that the tokens are so expensive.

Here is one of my first prompts: “a goldendoodle outfitted in military gear, 3d render”

4 Likes

Inspired by a recent Ben Garrison cartoon:

“lab grown meat with a side of crickets on white plate”

2 Likes

GGGGGGGaaaagggg!

3 Likes

“person in a drab room peering at paradise through virtual reality goggles, digital art”

2 Likes

“transmission and reattaching of the soul during teleportation”

“separation, transmission, and reattachment of the soul during teleportation, digital art”

Edit: In the above picture, it looks like there is a ringworld horizon through the portal.

2 Likes
3 Likes

By Twitter user Weird Dall-E Mini Generations @weirddalle:

4 Likes

Randall Munroe, creator of xkcd, asked DALL-E 2 to render Pokémon cards from different historical eras, from 2001:

through the 1400s:

to the Neolithic:

and back to the Big Bang.

These have been collected together into a long Twitter thread, “Pokémon cards through the ages”. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Wickedly irresistible!

1 Like

“Giant rat in Smart Car dragster, color cartoon in Big Daddy Roth 1960s style”

DALL-E 2 didn’t pick up on the Smart car suggestion, but it did a fine job of emulating the style of Ed “Big Daddy” Roth.

1 Like

Change “Car” to “fortwo”.

“Giant rat in Smart Fortwo dragster, color cartoon in Big Daddy Roth 1960s style”

That helped—top right and bottom left are closer to what I had in mind, but neither immediately say “Smart”. The rats, however, are just fine.

1 Like

It seems to have a bias toward putting the steering wheel on the right of the car even greater than the bias toward putting the rat on the right.

2 Likes

“Bank of Venus traveler’s check, 100 Froon denomination, showing the cloudy planet from space, engraved color banknote”

4 Likes