More Amazing Results from DALL-E 2 and an Open Source Clone

3 Likes

“children riding merry-go-round, with dinosaurs instead of horses, illustration from children’s book”

children_riding_merry-go-round,_with_dinosaurs_instead_of_horses,_illustration_from_children_s_book

2 Likes

Wow! These look good enough to publish in an actual children’s book.

2 Likes

DALL-E has now launched its official beta test phase.

We’ll invite 1 million people from our waitlist over the coming weeks. Users can create with DALL·E using free credits that refill every month, and buy additional credits in 115-generation increments for $15.

Join DALL-E 2 Waitlist

DALL·E, the AI system that creates realistic images and art from a description in natural language, is now available in beta. Today we’re beginning the process of inviting 1 million people from our waitlist over the coming weeks.

Every DALL·E user will receive 50 free credits during their first month of use and 15 free credits every subsequent month. Each credit can be used for one original DALL·E prompt generation — returning four images — or an edit or variation prompt, which returns three images.

Using DALL·E for commercial projects

Starting today, users get full usage rights to commercialize the images they create with DALL·E, including the right to reprint, sell, and merchandise. This includes images they generated during the research preview.

Users have told us that they are planning to use DALL·E images for commercial projects, like illustrations for children’s books, art for newsletters, concept art and characters for games, moodboards for design consulting, and storyboards for movies.

2 Likes

“television newscast but all anchors are kangaroos, standard definition television image”
television_newscast_but_all_anchors_are_kangaroos,_standard_definition_television_image

With the transition of DALL-E 2 to the beta programme, the number of images generated per text prompt has been changed from 6 to 4.

2 Likes

“wolverines running on a treadmill, Popular Mechanics illustration”

1 Like

Here is another that triggered the Raucous Buzzer of Disapprobation from DALL-E 2. The prompt was:

things I see fleetingly in peripheral vision after cataract removal that I did not see before, color cover from Philip K. Dick novel, 1960s

Here is how DALL-E 2 responded.

buzzer

As usual, DALL-E mini had no problem with this prompt, but the results were not what I was looking for (or seeing).

Don’t ask why I asked this.

3 Likes

I won’t ask if you like Philip K. Dick novels.

“wheat field with flattened grain forming a QR code pattern, color aerial photograph”

This wasn’t what I was looking for. The intent was an illustration for a science fiction story in which a language researcher is using machine learning to try to figure out enigmatic crop circle-like patterns in fields of grain that resemble QR codes. The universal translator finally cracks the code and they’re found to say “Tastes like chicken.”

5 Likes

“wolf politicians debating in front of an audience of sheep, pen and ink Far Side cartoon style”

5 Likes

“bipedal rats with numbers on their chests crossing a marathon finish line, pen and ink cartoon”

Even if you win the rat race, you’re still a rat.

3 Likes

I was granted access to the DALL-E 2 beta today and I’m having a lot of fun with it. This is a wonderful technology. It’s just a shame that the tokens are so expensive.

Here is one of my first prompts: “a goldendoodle outfitted in military gear, 3d render”

4 Likes

Inspired by a recent Ben Garrison cartoon:

“lab grown meat with a side of crickets on white plate”

2 Likes

GGGGGGGaaaagggg!

3 Likes

“person in a drab room peering at paradise through virtual reality goggles, digital art”

2 Likes

“transmission and reattaching of the soul during teleportation”

“separation, transmission, and reattachment of the soul during teleportation, digital art”

Edit: In the above picture, it looks like there is a ringworld horizon through the portal.

2 Likes
3 Likes

By Twitter user Weird Dall-E Mini Generations @weirddalle:

4 Likes

Randall Munroe, creator of xkcd, asked DALL-E 2 to render Pokémon cards from different historical eras, from 2001:

through the 1400s:

to the Neolithic:

and back to the Big Bang.

These have been collected together into a long Twitter thread, “Pokémon cards through the ages”. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Wickedly irresistible!

1 Like