More Amazing Results from DALL-E 2 and an Open Source Clone

“Giant rat in Smart Car dragster, color cartoon in Big Daddy Roth 1960s style”

DALL-E 2 didn’t pick up on the Smart car suggestion, but it did a fine job of emulating the style of Ed “Big Daddy” Roth.

1 Like

Change “Car” to “fortwo”.

“Giant rat in Smart Fortwo dragster, color cartoon in Big Daddy Roth 1960s style”

That helped—top right and bottom left are closer to what I had in mind, but neither immediately say “Smart”. The rats, however, are just fine.

1 Like

It seems to have a bias toward putting the steering wheel on the right of the car even greater than the bias toward putting the rat on the right.

2 Likes

“Bank of Venus traveler’s check, 100 Froon denomination, showing the cloudy planet from space, engraved color banknote”

4 Likes

“Family of four flying upward through the clouds in their atomic space car, Popular Science color cover, 1950s”

2 Likes

AI w/ sense of humor – green car has poor Mom in rumble seat!

HAL (err DALL) has arrived.

2 Likes

dalle2_prompt

DALL•Ery Gall•ery has published a free 82 page book, the DALL•E 2 Prompt Book, available to read on-line or download as PDF, which describes in detail how to structure prompts to get the imagea you’re looking for and provides hundreds of examples to illustrate how specific qualifications in a prompt can affect the result.

Even if you’re still waiting to get access to DALL•E 2, this document will give you an idea of what it is capable of, suitably prompted.

3 Likes

https://alexanderwales.com/the-ai-art-apocalypse/

Thoughts of what the art AIs could mean to the future of visual arts. Despite the title, not all negative. there is also an addendum where he thinks about what theft even means in this situation:

https://alexanderwales.com/addendum-to-the-ai-art-apocalypse-theft/

Edit: Now I’ve got time to post more than the bare link.

3 Likes

Abstract art:
https://www.openbible.info/labs/ai-bible-art/

3 Likes

Super cool project. It’s interesting to see how these image generation tools represent descriptions from scriptures, myths, and legends, for which we must rely on our imagination. It’s also fun to depict scenes from science fiction and fantasy novels.

From The Hobbit, “Bilbo Baggins meets Gollum in a cave with a pool by Caravaggio”.

I wonder which one is supposed to be Gollum?

Having recently read The Ringworld Engineers, I was trying to generate a picture of the ringworld horizon. Instead, I got these images reminiscent of Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, set on another planet or in space. The prompt was “the Ringworld horizon, artist’s impression, Louis Wu standing on the Rim Wall”.

4 Likes

Animated generative art (turn sound on):

A very impressive use of this technology to execute image enhancement:

5 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

This is an excellent resource for understanding what is going on in these diffusion model image generators.

2 Likes
3 Likes

A comprehensive review of all these new synthetic AI tools:

5 Likes
3 Likes

pres_pixar1

These images were created with Midjourney.

pres_pixar2

5 Likes