“Remarks by President Biden Before Meeting with the White House Competition Council”

Here is the full White House document.

Closing extract:

MR. DEESE: Thank you, sir. We’re going go and give the press corps a moment to exit, and then we’re going to start our meeting.

Q Mr. President, can you give us a brief update on your call with European leaders on what’s happening in Ukraine today?

THE PRESIDENT: The only reason I don’t like doing this is you never report on why I’ve called a meeting. And this is really important.

I had a very, very, very good meeting. Total unanimity with all the European leaders. We’ll talk about it later.

Thank you.

MR. DEESE: Thank you.

Q Will you send troops to Ukraine, sir?

Q Why are sending 8,500 troops to Ukraine, possibly?

Q Will you take questions on inflation then? Do you think inflation is a political liability ahead of the midterms?

THE PRESIDENT: No, it’s a great asset. More inflation. What a stupid son of a bitch.

5:18 P.M. EST [2022-01-24 22:18 UTC]

4 Likes

“Video or it didn’t happen.” OK, here you go.

4 Likes

Twitter has been, dare I say it, all atwitter over this. Best response:

Ah, memories!

3 Likes

If you even had any doubts about Trump’s leadership, here he is leading the “son-of-a-bitch” movement: a man ahead of his time.

3 Likes

It’s hilarious the transcript leaves the quiet part in, even after it blew up online and in the news.

You got to think this is not one of Psaki’s interns accidentally leaving that line in the transcript, but rather done on purpose.

3 Likes