Robert Kroese's “Titan” (Volume 1 of the Mammon trilogy) Published Today

3 Likes

My old card was canceled due it being used for non-authorized purchases, so this was not auto-delivered to my kindle today. Still really interested in reading it.

1 Like

I’m now 72% through it (reading a pre-publication copy sent to Kickstarter supporters), and really enjoying it. Kroese did a lot of research on financial panics and psychological and government reaction to the onset of hyperinflation and it really shows.

3 Likes

Oh no! Now I’m definitely not going to get any of my assigned work done!

1 Like

It’s on my Kindle now and I’m looking forward to reading it. I enjoyed Kroese’s Iron Dragon series.

I’m also looking forward to the next installment in the Hidden Truth series from @AetherCzar, whenever that may be!

2 Likes

Titan is Kroese’s best novel yet. It’s better than Lucifer’s Hammer, specifically because Kroese did his homework on financial bubbles, panics, mass psychosis, social collapse, and hyper-inflation. It’s spookily realistic and believable.

4 Likes

I finished the book today, and have posted a review over at my Reading List sub-category here.

This is just superb, perfectly plausible, and leaves the reader eager to find out what happens next. I’d almost think the author had personal experience co-founding a venture in a sovereign nation in the south Pacific in partnership with its hereditary monarch.

You’ll never guess the name of the Minister of Economic Development of that archipelago nation.

2 Likes

I certainly enjoyed Kroese’s Iron Dragon trilogy. He made a facially-implausible premise work very well.

1 Like

If you’ve read just the original Iron Dragon trilogy, note that Robert Kroese returned to the series and wrote two more books, The Legacy of the Iron Dragon and The War of the Iron Dragon, which bring the story to a satisfying conclusion, demonstrating that humans are sometimes their own worst enemies.

2 Likes

Independent science fiction author on the road adventure update:

1 Like

Oy! I just saw that John. Glad he is still alive.

2 Likes

Oh no! Not both wrists!