Rocket Launch Pad Engineering

4 Likes

Surprising me, Grady showed less about the technical details and talked more about the rain of concrete and how SpaceX supposedly harmed the locale. Meh.

4 Likes

Was Starship’s Stage Zero a Bad Pad?

The pad failed, didn’t it? Question answered.

Was it poor design? Unsatisfactory materials? Poor construction? Subject to unpredicted stresses? There are questions which need to be answered.

2 Likes

Yes, if you pay much attention to his sponsor selections, it is pretty clear that he is a squishy leftist.

4 Likes

Didn’t realize that. I’m curious about all things SpaceX, so watched it anyway.

2 Likes

I watch his channel in spite of his leftism, because he seems to be a pretty good engineer.

2 Likes

It is possible he “scripts in” leftist views to help monetize on corrupt Youtube/Google rank algorithm …

1 Like

Since Elon Musk’s other gig, Tesla is big on renewables why not apply this to the launchpad?

Why not turn the base into a steam generator?

How about a giant thermocouple? (I once had an energy systems professor who said he got a grant to use a car’s exhaust pipe with dissimilar metals to generate electricity, but it did not go so well!)

I say all these in jest, Because just the fact that Starship launched successfully April 20, 2023 is a stunning achievement.

God bless the dedicated individuals that made it happen.

3 Likes