Shalmaneser Comes to SCANALYST

Finally figured out that for Shalmaneser AI stands for Assyrian Intelligence :wink:

1 Like

Shame. It was fun to have around.

1 Like

Discourse have released their own official, supported “Discourse AI” plug-in, which has nothing in common with the open source Chatbot plug-in we were using, but provides several functions that access the same OpenAI GPT-4 large language model that Chatbot did. It also provides other functions which require self-hosting AI models that would require a much larger and expensive AWS instance than we’re currently using. However, the Chat, Composition Assistant, and Summarisation modules can use OpenAI’s models without any local installation and can run on the current AWS configuration.

I was thinking of installing this for experimentation, but after today’s disaster applying a routine incremental update to DIscourse, my confidence in its developers’ commitment to quality and stability has been shaken, and I think I’ll give it some time to settle before taking the plunge.

8 Likes

I appreciate all your work John, your efforts and experiments have created a wonderful environment for all of us to communicate, share, and learn. Thank you!

8 Likes