Switzerland Withdraws Recommendation for COVID-19 Vaccination

The Swiss Office of Public Health has updated their recommendations for COVID-19 vaccination. The official document is available only in the following languages:

The following was created by Google Translate from the German document.

The key section, from the English translation, is as follows:

Vaccination recommendation for the Covid-19 vaccination in spring/summer 2023

Corona Immunitas seroprevalence data (June/July 2022) show that more than 98% of the Swiss population have antibodies against SARS-CoV-2. Due to the immunity situation, the currently predominant virus variants and the expected low virus circulation in spring/summer 2023, it can be assumed that people without risk factors have a very low risk of becoming seriously ill with Covid-19 in spring/summer 2023.

For this reason, no recommendation for vaccination against Covid-19 is formulated.

FOPH and EKIF only recommend vaccination for persons at particularly high risk (BGP) from the age of 16 if the attending physician considers it to be medically indicated in the individual case given the epidemiological situation and a temporarily increased protection against serious illness can be expected .

In the event of an emerging SARS-CoV-2 wave, vaccination against Covid-19 would be recommended for BGP. In this case, BAG and EKIF would update the recommendation accordingly.

The recommendations apply regardless of the type and number of vaccination doses already received and the number of SARS-CoV-2 infections that have occurred.

This withdrawal of the recommendation for vaccination has two consequences. First, only recommended vaccinations are paid for by the Confederation: without a recommendation, costs are borne by the patient or their health insurance. Second, the shield against physicians’ liability for adverse consequences from vaccination only applies to recommended vaccinations. With no recommendation, the usual liability rules apply.

10 Likes

The perceived state of health of the local population has deteriorated significantly compared to the beginning of the corona pandemic. According to a new survey, 34 percent of respondents said they did not feel completely healthy. That is 12 percentage points more than in March 2020.

Especially among people over 65-year-olds, the perceived state of health has deteriorated, as can be seen from the “CSS Health Study” published on Monday. Almost every second person in this age category stated that they did not feel completely healthy. Three years earlier, it was only 30 percent.

More than two-thirds of people who feel sick said that they often suffered from fatigue and exhaustion. According to the authors of the report, it cannot be ruled out that the exhaustion is also due to Covid diseases.

1 Like

Nor can it be ruled out that the symptoms are sequelae of the vax or a weakened immune system due to the vax. How many of those surveyed were vaxxed? Over 65 is likely the most vaxxed demographic and Switzerland had very high vaccine uptake.

2 Likes

I can say personally lack of ambition and excessive sleepiness is often related to lack of exercise, poor diet and weight gain. I wonder how the medical community determines the difference of what I would call exhaustion and what they call exhaustion?

True exhaustion for me is when I have worked so hard relative to my capability, that I cannot or will not do something very enjoyable. I don’t care to eat, talk or do any sort of entertainment. Excessive sleepiness and lack of ambition almost always associated with eating too many carbohydrates without much physical activity. This is a downward spiral because I want to eat more (crave sugar) and do less. If I can stop eating carbs for four days the cycle will reverse. I will gain more and more energy and ambition.

Even the medical community knows that weight gain is associated with blood sugar control problems.

2 Likes