The Crazy Years

Remember when the US used to Think Big? Now the US could never even contemplate something like this – the EPA would still be working on the permits when the Yellowstone caldera erupts, and Congress would be tied in knots for decades over what accommodations would have to be provided for future new genders that we have yet to discover.

3 Likes

No “The show must go on”?

4 Likes

In my review of James Hamilton-Paterson’s Empire of the Clouds, I recount the story of the Farnborough airshow disaster of 1952.

This was a very different Britain than that of today. Only a few years removed from the war, even postwar austerity seemed a relief from the privations of wartime, and many people vividly recalled losing those close to them in combat or to bombing attacks by the enemy. They were a hard people, and not inclined to discouragement even by tragedy. In 1952, at an airshow at Farnborough, an aircraft disintegrated in flight and fell into the crowd, killing 31 people and injuring more than 60 others. While ambulances were still carrying away the dead and injured, the show went on, and the next day Winston Churchill sent the pilot who went up after the disaster his congratulations for carrying on. While losses to aircraft and aircrew in the postwar era were small compared combat in the war, they were still horrific by present day standards.

8 Likes

Why did the debate host faint? Could it be that one of the candidates for UK Prime Minister actually … told the truth?

5 Likes

“I am Kamala Harris. My pronouns are she and her. I am a woman sitting at a table wearing a blue suit.”

7 Likes

Was that supposed to be a comment in the “More Amazing Results from DALL-E 2 and an Open Source Clone” post.

5 Likes

I am a woman

How does Kamela know she is a woman? Has the Supreme Court given her a “Woman” sticker?

7 Likes

Why did she say that about the table and the blue suit?

4 Likes

No, if I remember KJB’s testimony correctly, Heels Up Harris is going to have to have a biologist recognized as an expert in the field to provide a definition of “woman” AND then can the Court tell Heels Up Harris about her sex.

8 Likes

ATF agents are scanning local FFL records into a searchable database and they’ve been caught in the act :eyes:

7 Likes
7 Likes

Not the gas-shower correlation normally associated with that country.

9 Likes

She must obviously (!!) be a biologist … one of the many facets of her complex personality that are revealing to all of us as we are basking in her glory with a child like sense of wonder.

What will we learn next?

5 Likes

7 Likes

Sounds like something from the Judge Dredd universe.

2 Likes

How could a blind person tell one color from another?

2 Likes

Maybe they meant peon to begin with and have two typos.

4 Likes

Via The New York Post, “Spam goes on lockdown due to inflation”:

7 Likes
6 Likes

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/07/corvette-e-ray-prototype-burns-to-the-ground-in-spain/

6 Likes