"The Invisible Rainbow A History of Electricity and Life", Arthur Firstenberg (2017)

Today we are told that it’s fine to bring with us a microwave smartphone 24/7/365. People work with it, travel with it, and sleep with it like if it was an extension of themselves.

Vendors insist to market bluetooth headsets, and to add Wi-Fi in all our houses and devices (TVs, music players, wireless loudspeakers, storage banks, “smart” watches and fridges…).

Wi-Fi is now ubiquitous, from homes to cars, trains, planes, and everywhere else - whether you want it or not - thanks to the 25,000 low-orbit satellites launched by Elon Musk.

Some people get an X-Ray or MRI annually to check if their health status is fine.

Yet, many U.S. Army experimentation reports have depicted the detrimental effects of radio waves at the time radar operators and pilots were reporting trouble, to the point where RF and EMF weapons have later been created to kill, damage and/or disable foes remotely.

This book, “The Invisible Rainbow” takes another route - albeit an interesting one because it starts from the beginning of electricity and radio deployments, and correlates them with new “modern” illnesses, or the dramatic increase of old ones.

invisible_rainbow_influenza

It explains why and how some prominent researchers, like Guglielmo Marconi (1874-1937), have paid a high price for not understanding what they were doing.

It also brings 140 pages of scientific references to avoid the remark that “correlation is not causality” (certainly, a century of correlations tells us something).

Given the amount of (unsustainable) denial issued by the industry and our academic authorities, this book is very unique.

Anyone having read it already? Any other books you have read about this subject?

2 Likes

I haven’t read it, but it sounds like a fine addition to one’s crackpot literature bookshelf, next to classics such as Dark Mission and The New Paradigm.

Consider the quoted table of deaths by cancer from 1850 through 2017. Attributing these to electromagnetic exposure causes runs into the little problem that the trend starts in 1850, long before widespread electrification, and in fact increases by a factor of three between 1850 and 1880, while the Edison electric light was only invented in 1879 and wide scale electrification did not occur until well after (and was mostly direct current, which emits no electromagnetic radiation).

The chart of “influenzal deaths” with the huge step function in 1890 makes me suspect there was a change in diagnosis around that time. In any case, we now know precisely what the cause of influenza is, and I have heard of no nor can I imagine any conceivable mechanism connecting contracting a viral respiratory disease and exposure to electromagnetic fields.

Let’s check out the author’s biography on the book’s page at Amazon. Presumably, this was provided by the author or publisher to present the author in the best light (bearing in mind that light is a form of electromagnetic radiation).

Arthur Firstenberg is a scientist and journalist who is at the forefront of a global movement to tear down the taboo surrounding this subject. After graduating Phi Beta Kappa from Cornell University with a degree in mathematics, he attended the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine from 1978 to 1982. Injury by X-ray overdose cut short his medical career. For the past thirty-eight years he has been a researcher, consultant, and lecturer on the health and environmental effects of electromagnetic radiation, as well as a practitioner of several healing arts.

Now, how can an “X-ray overdose cut short” one’'s “medical career”, leaving one able to pursue a career as “a researcher, consultant, and lecturer on the health and environmental effects of electromagnetic radiation, as well as a practitioner of several healing arts” for thirty-eight years afterward? Well, let’s see what his Wikipedia page says about the matter:

Firstenberg did not complete medical school due to illness, which he attributes to electromagnetic hypersensitivity brought on by receiving over 40 diagnostic dental x-rays.

Are you picking up the slightest hint of whacko-doodle here? I am. Now let’s turn to his adventures in litigation, again courtesy of Wikipedia.

In May 2008, Firstenberg and other groups accused the city of Santa Fe, New Mexico, of discrimination against those allergic to EM radiation for having free wireless networks in city buildings. The case was dismissed in 2011. An appeal was brought before the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals (Santa Fe Alliance, et al. v. City of Santa Fe, et al., Case No. 20-2066), which, on March 30, 2021, reversed in part and affirmed in part the lower court. A Petition for Certiorari was filed to the United States Supreme Court on October 25, 2021, and was set for conference on March 4, 2022. On that day the Petition was denied. The Court denied or disposed of 102 other Petitions on March 4, 2022, and granted none. On average the Supreme Court receives 7,000–8,000 Petitions for Certiorari every year and typically grants about 80, roughly 1% of those received.

In January 2010, Firstenberg filed a lawsuit against his neighbor, seeking damages of $530,000, for “refusing to turn off her cell phone and other electronic devices.” He claimed that because of shared wiring, electromagnetic fields from his neighbor’s electronic devices were keeping him up at night and destroying his health. He stated that he was made homeless as a result. The First District Court of New Mexico dismissed the case in September 2012, citing lack of sufficient supporting evidence. Firstenberg filed an appeal of the dismissal in the District Court in December 2012. On March 9, 2015, the New Mexico Court of Appeals upheld the dismissal by the district court.

I begin to suspect that the reasons Mr Firstenberg did not complete medical school are due to other problems of the head unrelated to those which occasioned him having all of those dental X-rays.

Arthur also is a member of an organization in Santa Fe, New Mexico, called “Once a Forest”, which promotes fire suppression on public lands. The group opposes forest management policies such as thinning and prescribed fire.

Reviewer “Lawrence P.” on Amazon endorses the book as follows:

I agree this is a great book. Can’t put it down. I have a recommendation since you are learning some truth. Research flat earth! Astronuts have never gone to the moon. We live with a firmament above us and we cannot leave. Astronuts are all masons and sworn to secrecy. Also research the one world order and the illuminati as well. Satan is and always has been the great deceiver. Once you realize these things then you will be truly awake. Be well :slight_smile:

Two hundred and fifty-eight people found this review helpful. I don’t know if any of them were “astronuts”.

2 Likes

I admit that I was naive enough to believe the policy of this forum which is about attacking ideas and not people.

But that’s the second time you, the administrator, are doing the inverse.

Just after destroying this book - that you admit you did not read - on the basis of an alleged “statistical error” entirely due to your lack of interest for reading the related text, you then insist to dig into various sources with the sole aim of destroying the reputation of the author.

On what arguments?

• X-Rays, you claim, are safe.

• No, they are not.

• Overdoses can’t take place or are harmless (you did not chose).

• At the time X-Rays were used in shoe shops, many have lost toes.

• Electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a scam (at least for Wikipedia that you have quoted) - hence the “crackpot” you conclude.

• Yet, in the UK, a worker got early health retirement because of EHS

And French courts also recognized the impact:

And the US too.

And Academia too.

And this one is closing the debate (which in your case had no arguments):

And if this is not enough, you should consult this long list of LEGAL cases and ACADEMIC PEER-REVIEWED research:

Even if you had stopped reading on the subject a long time ago, you should know better because:

The U.S. has marketed EMF weapons - both for military and civilian use.

The U.S. embassy in Russia has been famous for RF attacks.

The UK is famous for having irradiated Ireland’s population and inland protesters with microwave weapons (according to Dr. Barrie Trower, a British Physicist who trained in the Government Microwave Warfare Establishment in the 1960s and worked with the Royal Navy, British Secret Service and the CIA).

So, I am asking you, is Wikipedia better than all this evidence?

Room for discussing ideas?
Or you prefer to keep attacking the “crackpot” messenger?

Here are two videos I presented in earlier incarnations of this forum on “killer 5G rays”.

OK, the first video claims that microwaves are safe and it only focuses on the “thermal effect” (just like the telecom industry).

That’s certainly why workers installing LTE (1/2/3/4/5G) antennas have EMF shielding clothes and… a few minutes of allowed exposure.

Right?

The second video’s speaker is more competent and discusses frequencies and the power of the signals - arguing that lower power is safer (despite the higher frequencies now including us and our organs as antennas - 5G acting up to at the molecular level, the reason why 60GHz was chosen for secure inter-satellite communications because oxygen absorbs the signal).

Yet, this claim (about lower power being safe) is just false.

Very low-power signals are even more dangerous than high power ones… when pulsed (which is what is taking place with multimedia streamed from the Web) and exposure lasts forever (which is the case today thanks to ubiquitous Wi-Fi and LTE smartphones, cars, etc.).

Instead of watching Youtube you should read the Science, really:

Citation (non-crackpot) needed.

Citation (non-crackpot) needed.

Hmmm…. Let’s look up “Dr” Barrie Trower in RationalWiki.

Barrie Trower is a pseudoscientist, conspiracy theorist, and crank who believes that microwaves and related technologies are a major threat to public health. He is frequently cited by other conspiracy theorists and cranks, especially the paranoid crowd that believes that electromagnetic radiation is part of various nefarious plots against humanity.

Trower allegedly trained in the British “Government Microwave Warfare Establishment” in the 1960s and worked with the underwater bomb disposal unit. He hasn’t given any concrete evidence to support his apparent training and work. He also claims that after this he “went on to teach advanced physics and mathematics at South Dartmoor College”, which in practice means he was a high school teacher, as South Dartmoor College is a secondary school in Ashburton, Devon, England. Perhaps he wants you to think it’s a research university.

Check out “Dr” Trower’s own Web page on the “Institute for Geopathology” Web site.

• ✓ 1990s-style Web design
  • ✓ Text in five or more colours
  • ✓ ALL CAPS ALL OVER
  • ✓ Three!!! Exclamation!!! Points!!!
  • ✓ Animated GIFs
  • ✓ Calls himself “Dr”, but cites only “second degree is a research degree”
  • Bold text

If he had a rotating pop-up blinking “Crackpot” and playing the Monty Python theme, it would not be more obvious.

And room for mocking crackpot ideas and the cranks who pollute the public discourse by harping upon them.

When they’re this whacked-out and funny, mockery works for me. Taking nutballs seriously wastes one’s precious life. People who exploit the ignorance of others are to be mocked at least and, ideally, shunned.

3 Likes

What I did not give a link for is of public knowledge - so you could have found it by using search engines:

“Bio-electromagnetic Weapons”
https://www.i-sis.org.uk/BW.php

But this is not what you have done: instead you systematically IGNORE any indisputable references that do no confirm your thesis (that anyone not confirming what you believe is true is a “crackpot”).

And, to pursue such a noble task you don’t hesitate to waste your time to find junk information (from all but indisputable authorities) that could help you pretend this (while, you admit it, you have never met the people you insult - nor even bothered to read their prose).

For you, someone is not serious if one’s website is badly designed. This claim shamelessly comes from a retired software publishing company’s engineer and founder. Not everybody has suck a background.

The rules of this forum insist that ideas should be discussed without “ad hominem” attacks, but that’s the only thing you have done so far.

For a conversation to make progress, the interlocutors must be honest.

Having met you 25 years ago, I was curious to know about your mindset and capacity today.

I am now fully enlightened about this question, thank you.