The Mystery of the Disappearing Article

I recently wrote a post for Osprey’s blog about my latest book. No, not B-25 Mitchell Vs Japanese Destroyer, which is also up, but Truk 1944–45: The destruction of Japan’s Central Pacific bastion.

It was posted on the Osprey website on 31 December 2921. Except, when I go there I cannot see it. If I go to the article’s url it defaults to the blog page, instead. Doesn’t matter if I try at home or onsite at Johnson Space Center - nada. But the Osprey folks insist it is there.

I’d lie to try a test. The url for the piece is .https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/Truk_The_Fabulous_Fortress/ Since Scanalyst has an international audience, I have a request: Click on the link. Post a response on whether the piece comes up or not. Include your location. (Country is probably good enough, although state would be appreciated if you are in the US.)

I’d love to know who can see it, and who cannot.

USA. I don’t see it.

From USA-NM, the Truk book does not appear on the front page. However, when I searched for “Truk 1944-45”, the book was shown:

Truk 1944–45

THE DESTRUCTION OF JAPAN’S CENTRAL PACIFIC BASTION

AIR CAMPAIGN 26

• Author: Mark Lardas
  • Illustrator: Adam Tooby
  • Short code: ACM 26
  • Publication Date: 23 Dec 2021
  • Number of Pages: 96

Users in the USA and Canada please select your location at the top of this page to see prices in your currency. Users in the UK and the Rest of the World will be billed in GBP.

Availability: In stock

US Minnesota

I see

Displays for me. Currently in the Isle of Man.

Isle of Man

Got this:

https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/

Truk book does’t come up there.

CT

No Truk

I get B25 blog

There must be a file by that name but it somehow redirects to the main blog page. If I enter a file name with a typo (e.g., I spelled out “truck“ with the letter “c”), I get an error message

The article is there now. They had inadvertently it limited to UK and Canada.

4 Likes

EXCELLENT.

I recently verified a crypto donation via human – not wise to entirely trust orders have been executed properly – trust but verify.

Below screenshot is from iPhone in Austin, Texas USA.