Twitter, Elon Musk, and 𝕏

Exactly. Of course, they won’t admit this.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Until late 2021, Cooley had been Tesla’s main litigation firm.

Then:

3 Likes

How long before Twitter police tag Elon’s posts ???
100P-ACCURATE

1 Like

Also famous for the Cooley-Tukey algorithm :wink: Cooley was kept in the dark about the algorithm’s initial application. Let’s hope Musk did the same thing regarding his Twitter acquisition.

2 Likes

Woke Drudge Report goes all in on the Current Thing.

drudgemusk

5 Likes

The Drudge Report used to capture the zeitgeist of the right. It was my go-to news source for several years. Now it is no different than CNN. It makes me wonder if Matt Drudge retired.

5 Likes

I am still looking for an alternative. I’m somehow not satisfied with newsmax.com

4 Likes

I have yet to find a good replacement. However, I can recommend the following blogs:

Lew Rockwell: Aggregated commentary on current events from libertarian sources. Motto is: “anti-state, anti-war, pro-market”. The quality of the sources varies.
Zerohedge: Libertarian blog covering world news with a financial emphasis.
Tom Woods: Libertarian podcaster with thousands of episodes and interviews. Many knowledgable guests on a wide range of topics.
Vox Day: Nationalist blogger interested in the culture war, immigration, and entertainment. Author of SJWs Always Lie, which is an excellent primer for understanding the SJW mindset, including practical advice for how to handle SJWs who may present themselves in your life. John reviewed it here.

Scanalyst is a recent addition to my daily rotation.

7 Likes

I scan https://www.whatfinger.com/ And zerohedge since dropping woke mind virus infected drudge in 2018. Never looked back 'til seeing this post.

6 Likes

One other news source: I have a paid subscription to https://m.theepochtimes.com/ which offers weekly printed newspapers. BEST NEWSPAPER IN PRINT 2022. Excellent iphone app too.

6 Likes

Thank you. I am familiar with several, not all, but haven’t visited any but Zerohedge for a long time. I read that daily. I just checked out Lew Rockwell and found several articles to be VERY informative.

4 Likes

Also, check out Revolver News.

3 Likes

TechCrunch reports, “Jack Dorsey steps down from Twitter’s board”:

Former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey’s time at the company has come to an end. Dorsey stepped down from Twitter’s board of directors Wednesday, a change that’s effective as of the company’s shareholders meeting.

⋮

The plan for Dorsey to leave the board has been in place since he stepped down as CEO. At the time, the company noted that Dorsey would stay on the board “until his term expires at the 2022 meeting of stockholders.”

⋮

At Wednesday’s shareholder meeting, Twitter’s board voted to oust board member and Musk ally Egon Durban, CEO of private equity firm Silver Lake — just the latest twist in a corporate takeover that’s been as chaotic and unpredictable as the man who launched it to begin with.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1529869999803965446

5 Likes

Matt Levine reported this morning on the latest financing twist and turn - see SEC disclosure. This simplifies the funding story for the purchase by splitting the $44B commitment in only 2 parts: a $13B leveraged buyout commitment by a bank consortium (source) and $33.5 billion of equity. The equity piece is a mix of third party commitment along with his previous commitment for $21B, which most people assume will be paid with proceeds from selling Tesla stock.

Levine’s analysis is that

Basically the point here is that Musk has more than enough Tesla stock to sell to pay for Twitter, but only barely enough to borrow against to pay for Twitter. So he has abandoned his initial plans to borrow against his Tesla stock, presumably — who knows? — to give him more flexibility to sell it.

It also appears that Elon has not given up on the prospect of getting Jack Dorsey to pledge his remaining Twitter position. That is assuming he still wants to buy Twitter.

4 Likes

And here I thought the shareholders elected the board.

2 Likes
3 Likes

My take is any major deal brings along the “ambulance chaser” equivalent of attorneys that specialize in shareholder suits. Some advertise quite openly.

(No disrespect meant for the noble professions of chasing or lawyering, this observation comes from a place of love and affection)

2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes