Alien mothership

Who knew the Pentagon had an
“All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office”?
Looks like alien invasion might be next big event.

4 Likes

That could be the best resolution of the insoluble financial & trade problems that our “elected” governments have built up. Presumably the aliens will bring their own currency. Hey! That sounds like the idea for a movie – sort of a mirror image of “The Mouse That Roared”.

4 Likes

From General Douglas MacArthur’s farewell speech to West Point cadets, 1962-05-12 (emphasis mine):

You now face a new world – a world of change. The thrust into outer space of the satellite, spheres and missiles marked the beginning of another epoch in the long story of mankind – the chapter of the space age. In the five or more billions of years the scientists tell us it has taken to form the earth, in the three or more billion years of development of the human race, there has never been a greater, a more abrupt or staggering evolution. We deal now not with things of this world alone, but with the illimitable distances and as yet unfathomed mysteries of the universe. We are reaching out for a new and boundless frontier. We speak in strange terms: of harnessing the cosmic energy; of making winds and tides work for us; of creating unheard synthetic materials to supplement or even replace our old standard basics; of purifying sea water for our drink; of mining ocean floors for new fields of wealth and food; of disease preventatives to expand life into the hundred of years; of controlling the weather for a more equitable distribution of heat and cold, of rain and shine; of space ships to the moon; of the primary target in war, no longer limited to the armed forces of an enemy, but instead to include his civil populations; of ultimate conflict between a united human race and the sinister forces of some other planetary galaxy; of such dreams and fantasies as to make life the most exciting of all time.

This is President Ronald Reagan speaking at the United Nations General Assembly on 1987-09-21 (emphasis mine):

In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?

Forget artificial intelligence, alien invasion is the next Current Thing!

4 Likes

Did the Pentagon actually use the term “mother”-ship? I thought the dep’t of defense (sic) declared the battle of binary sex and the war for pronouns over; that they had won. The correct name would be “birthing-person ship”. At least that’s what it was last week. Has it been redacted again? Persons of birthing behavior??

7 Likes