Biden makes it official

9 Likes
2 Likes

Why is “Nation” capitalized?

3 Likes

It’s like First Nations in Canada

1 Like
4 Likes

The mainstream media all report “Biden endorses Kamala”. I read and re-read his letter and could not find an explicit endorsement. He thanks her - is that the endorsement? What is this reader missing?

It has been the greatest honor of my life to serve as your President. And while it has been my intention to seek reelection. I believe it is in the best interest of my party and the country for me to stand down and to focus solely on fulfilling my duties as President for the remainder of my term.

I will speak to the Nation later this week in more detail about my decision.
For now, let me express my deepest gratitude to all those who have worked so hard to sec me reelected. I want to thank Vice President Kamala Harris for being an extraordinary partner in all this work. And let me express my heartfelt appreciation to the American people for the faith and trust you have placed in me.

4 Likes

Subsequent message a few minutes later

3 Likes

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7057/Who-will-win-the-2024-Democratic-presidential-nomination

Dem. VP nominee:

2 Likes

Some quick money making opportunity (source)

1 Like

44 million dollars :dollar: lost today?

1 Like

Biden mails it in. Holy cow. Can’t do a press conference.

6 Likes

Oh this is awful. He can’t hack campaigning— yet he’s remaining as Prez? God save America through the next 6 months. And I DON’T mean by having Hapless step into the Presidency. Like Trump said: only Almighty God can help us now!

5 Likes

Anyone have a link to a video montage of commentators saying how mentally sharp Biden is?

4 Likes

6 minutes

2 Likes

He even got that wrong. For any actual citizen, the country comes before the Party.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Even Al Gore said that when he finally conceded

3 Likes

I wish they would add who is talking. Although I know all they do is lie, it still never ceases to amaze me that they all lie like that.

3 Likes

What can be, unburdened by what has been.

3 Likes
2 Likes