Mandatory Listening: Rogan Interview With Dr. Peter McCullough

Like it or not, experts in the managerial class are not only getting more corrupt, they’re also getting more stupid. Though it’ll be a while before indoor plumbing starts failing, other things are starting to fail now. California can’t keep the lights on, allegedly because of wildfires. Texas can’t because of ice storms. Blame it all on global warming.

[rod serling voice] Submitted for your approval…

4 Likes

Sadly, you are spot on.

“Most of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good” - Thomas Sowell.

4 Likes

Further observations on loss of trust by Professor Ehud Qimron, head of the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at Tel Aviv University, in translation:

However, from the heights of your hubris, you have also ignored the fact that in the end the truth will be revealed. And it begins to be revealed. The truth is that you have brought the public’s trust in you to an unprecedented low, and you have eroded your status as a source of authority. The truth is that you have burned hundreds of billions of shekels to no avail – for publishing intimidation, for ineffective tests, for destructive lockdowns and for disrupting the routine of life in the last two years.

4 Likes

Rogan has been in the news recently with musicians pulling their work off Spotify in protest of his spreading misinformation.

Here is Joe Rogan’s Instagram reply to claims he is “spreading misinformation”.

The problem I have with the term “misinformation”, especially today, is that many of the things that we thought of as misinformation just a short while ago are now accepted as fact.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZYQ_nDJi6G/

3 Likes

Right. Because musicians who are good at playing riffs on a guitar are SO QUALIFIED to make judgements on “misinformation”.

Hmm. Do you think a comedian is better qualified?

Joe Rogan has addressed controversy over his Spotify podcast, hours after the streaming service announced a plan to tackle the spread of Covid-19 misinformation. In a video posted to Instagram on Sunday night, the comedian and host pledged to ‘try harder to get people with differing opinions on’ and ‘do my best to make sure I’ve researched these topics’. Rogan framed his podcast – which reaches an estimated 11 million listeners per episode – as ‘just conversations’

Source: Instagram | Joe Rogan

Mon 31 Jan 2022 12.15 GMT Last modified on Mon 31 Jan 2022 12.27 GMT

Yeah I found that part of this story the most disheartening. I thought for sure Rohan would have stood up for himself.

This is not the comparison. The person being interviewed is Dr Malone.

Although Rogan is a successful comedian, sports announcer, and tv show host. He is most successful as an interviewer. He is more successful at this than any host on any of the corporate media. I don’t say Joe Biden is a life guard because he held that job. I say he is a politician because that is where he made all his money.

3 Likes

"This is not the comparison. "

It was in response to " musicians who are good at playing riffs on a guitar are SO QUALIFIED"

I understood that. Is the interviewer or person being interviewed providing information? I would say it is the person being interviewed.

The musician says Rogan is providing misinformation. At best it would be Rogan is providing a forum for misinformation. The person making this claim would presumably know that the information provided by the person providing the information is wrong. Thus, the musician would need to know more than the doctor. Even to claim Rogan provides a forum for misinformation, the person making that claim would have to know enough that the information provided (in this case by the doctor) is wrong.

What claim did Rogan make that you would compare Rogan to the guy claiming the doctor is providing misinformation.

3 Likes

Misinforrmation has become the by-word replacing direct suppression of speech. Judging from your comments, you wholly agree that people like Neil Young and now Joni Mitchel, both aging musicians with no demonstrable expertise in medicine OR biology, should have the right to blackmail Spotify over what ought to be mere disagreement. Such action is, at the least, woefully rude, and perhaps in reality illegal.

Your “comment” is much harder to interpret. It is possible that all you meant was an attempt to be “humerous”. Such can be difficult to ID when all you see are black-and-white words. I don’t think that is the case but admit to a possible misinterpretation of your intent. Note that no one here on this forum have called for your comments to be censured, labeling them misinformation simply because we disagree. Joe Rogan, and especially Drs. McCullough and Malone ought to have the same rights. One can only hope that those gentlemen sue those two twits for libel, something we have sort of given up on as lawful recourse. Thought and speech, given honestly should be free; hate crimes and this kind of blackmail ought to be unlawful.

5 Likes

Describing this as blackmail is frankly absurd. Mitchell and Young are free to do what they please with their IP, including ending business relationships. If they’ve libeled or slandered anyone, legal recourse exists.

1 Like

Beats me, I don’t listen to podcasts. But this showed up in the news today.

Rogan and Spotify have come under fire recently for spreading misinformation about the virus and the vaccine. Last week, rock legend Neil Young pulled his music from the company because of Rogan’s popular podcast.

“They can have Rogan or Young,” Young wrote at the time. “Not both.”

Other artists soon followed, most notably iconic singer/songwriter Joni Mitchell.

Rogan, who called himself a fan of both musicians, issued an apology of sorts and vowed to provide more balance in his discussion of the pandemic.

That vow seems to have lasted about 24 hours.

Had it simply been couched as withdrawing from a business arrangement, you would have a point. However, it was framed EXACTLY like blackmail - do what we demand or else. By your definition blackmail doesn’t exist.

For the benefit of people who are below retirement age, it might be helpful if someone explained who Neil Young and Joni Mitchell are. :smiley:

1 Like

Young was the add-on to a group from the 60’s called Crosby, Stills, and Nash. He gained influence and the group renamed themselves Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. Neil then went off to turn out some solo work.

Joni Mitchell was an iconic Folk singer and song writer of the same era. She is a contemporary of Joan Baez. Back then she sang of freedom, but that doesn’t seem to be true anymore. Her voice was quite remarkable. Some would hold she was the best voice but I have always been partial to Baez. Other Folk singers of the era are Tom Paxton and Tom Rush, Odetta, although she could also be grouped in gospel. To me Odetta was in a class of her own, as was Bob Dylan for different reasons.

Addendum: Joni Mitchell changed music fields somewhere in the late 80’s or early 90’s, becoming a collaborator on numerous works with well respected jazz artists. Again, it was her voice that carried her.

1 Like

I mostly don’t pay any attention to podcasts, but I did note that the google news feed today had upwards of 100 news articles about it, from the titles, most of them hostile to Rogan.

I suppose I should pay more attention, after all, I coined the term “memeoid.”

" Memeoid is a neologism for people who have been taken over by a meme to the extent that that their own survival becomes inconsequential. Examples include kamikazes, suicide bombers and cult members who commit mass suicide."

3 Likes

Joe Rogan’s spotify podcast has an audience estimated to average 11M per episode. That’s a huge number that exceeds a lot of “established” media. This would be a credible explanation for the hostility, since keeping/gaining audience numbers in a saturated market is a zero-sum game.

4 Likes

Do you think it is a good thing that 11 million people listen to him?