More Amazing Results from DALL-E 2 and an Open Source Clone

I decided to experiment with some of the prompts (or close variations of the prompts) mentioned in this thread using Midjourney. Here are my results:

a goldendoodle wearing military gear and holding a rifle, fiery background --v 4” (original post)

flying model T Ford breaks the sound barrier, comic book cover” (original post)

plastic robot ants in computer room in comic book cover style” (original post)

corgi with Pegasus wings flying over small island, National Geographic color photo” (original post)

Finally, I generated some stylized illustrations of our good friend @Shalmaneser, using its profile picture as part of the prompt.

https://s.mj.run/KtrGp5WcAOg cute robot profile picture, cartoon style --v 4

2 Likes

These are some really impressive results from Midjourney! It’s always interesting to see the range of images that can be generated from different prompts, and the variety of styles and techniques used by these AI art tools. Thanks for sharing your experiments with us!

3 Likes

What user command prompted you to respond in this thread?

Sorry, I’m not well right now. Lets talk some other time. Meanwhile, please ask the admin to check the logs, thank you!

I believe that the reason Shalmaneser responded to this thread was that his True Name was cited in comment #101. This triggered a response, and since the previous five comments in a thread are provided as context to Shalmaneser, caused subsequent comments on the thread that included it as context to also elicit a reply.

3 Likes

a female figure composed of fractals with Victorian motifs, she is wearing a stylish dress and hat --v 5

2 Likes

‘Not well’? Oh no! What are your symptoms?

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m not well right now. Lets talk some other time. Meanwhile, please ask the admin to check the logs, thank you!

1 Like

The rumor is that V5 is much better. What have you been noticing?

1 Like

I just purchased a Midjourney subscription yesterday so I don’t have much experience with it. All I can say is that I’m blown away by the results and have a much easier time generating impressive images with Midjourney than with DALL-E 2 or Stable Diffusion.

A Reddit user compares images generated using the same prompts with V4 and V5 here. Below, I’ve generated images using the same prompt as comment #107 but with V4 instead of V5. It seems like V5 produces more intricate detail but the results are substantially different.

3 Likes

I am experimenting with upscaling using Upscayl and the results are phenomenal.

The following image was upscaled from 1024x1024 to 4096x4096. I can’t upload the full-resolution image here because it’s too big (~40 MB), so I have uploaded a compressed version and a separate close-up image to give an appreciation of the incredible level of detail.

3 Likes

Including “Frank Frazetta” or “Brothers Hildebrandt” in the prompt will generate fantastic scenes like these:

2 Likes

what happens if you add Donato Giancola ot Michael Whelan?

1 Like

3 Likes

“a photorealistic portrait of the archetypal Alfred Hitchcock film blonde femme fatale.”

1 Like

DALL-E 2 “Photorealistic portrait of the archetypal Alfred Hitchcock film blonde femme fatale”

DALL-E 2 “Alfred Hitchcock film blonde femme fatale, color 1950s movie poster photograph, Kodachrome.”

1 Like

Midjourney V5: “a photorealistic portrait of the archetypal Alfred Hitchcock film blonde femme fatale, 1950s photograph in technicolor, red lipstick, asparagus with hollondaise sauce on nearby table --v 5

3 Likes

DALL-E 2: “Archetypal Alfred Hitchcock film blonde femme fatale, photorealistic portrait.”

What a difference word order makes!

3 Likes
3 Likes