The Crazy Years

Before solar panel scams, roofing scams were the big thing.

I find it disingenuous that the press release did not indicate the person apparently was a licensed TX/LA contractor and not some apparent scammer.

7 Likes
4 Likes

https://forsanity.org/
https://twitter.com/citizens_sanity/status/1573807769332883457

1 Like
6 Likes

Here is another example of why AI does not scare me and why Klaus’s “Forf Indusreal Revoluzion” will be an unmitigated disaster. Technology is stupid folks. It is only as good as the moron programming it. So if you have a bunch of wokesters with frontal lobotomies putting this crap together, then you are going to get emergency calls for rollercosters coming from pre-programmed “if you shake it, it will call” devices.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Yep… the guy apparently was legit. Too enterprising for the good people of Florida.

Crabs in a bucket…

5 Likes

Where do contributions to Wikipedia go? Here is a Twitter thread with some information.

In a decade, Wikimedia’s spending has soared: from $10 million in 2010 to $112 million by 2020.

This surprised me, seeing as Wikipedia seems to be functionally the same website it was 10 years ago. So what explains this huge increase?

Maybe more people use the site, making it more expensive to run?

No: 2021 website hosting cost $2.4 million - which is LESS than it did in 2012.

In fact, according the Wikimedia Foundation’s own website, less than half of what they spend goes on directly supporting the website.

9 Likes

I quasi-predicted this in my Family Law class during law school. Not one kid in that class believed me or thought that I was sane after the prediction. But, here we are. Like Rush, I am on the cutting edge of societal evolution.

7 Likes

*devolution

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1579788950696185859

To bad she did not mention the 2nd Amendment.

In other news, @1789Libertarian will be unavailable for several hours.

3 Likes

She is so dreamy…

1 Like

More Tulsi:

Haven’t actually watched it yet… recommended on PowerLine.

6 Likes

Scammy:

3 Likes

Elon Musk’s The Boring Company has just announced Burnt Hair Fragrance.

burnthair_2022-10-12

The Essence of Repugnant Desire

“Just like leaning over a candle at the dinner table, but without all the hard work”

“Stand out in a crowd! Get noticed as you walk through the airport”

Just US$100. Ships in 2023 Q1.

4 Likes

He should have introduced “Wet Dog” and then said “you can pay with Doge.”

4 Likes

This Tulsi Gabbard Show episode is like a 95th+ percentile Republican speech.

She appears to have done an about-face and become pro-2A. Lying?

6 Likes

Looks like I can even order it from here in Egypt. Wonder how it’d hold up against the ever-present aroma of burning garbage?

6 Likes

My thing with Tulsi is that I think she is sincere. I don’t think a person puts themselves through what she (or even Trump) has been put through unless she means it. Rush used to say that no one can withstand the hate and vitriol of taking an unpopular public stance on something for very long unless they mean it because human nature is such that it is not conducive to nonstop ridicule or being isolated. I tend to agree.

So with the 2nd Amd, Tulsi has never voiced the type of insanity that someone like that fart sniffer Beto has or any of the brain dead idiots in Congress. She has always mouthed the “sensible gun laws” mantra, but unlike other Democrats you can’t find video of her telling her supporters in settings that she thinks won’t get out to the general population that “hell yes we are going to take away your AR-15s”!! (That was Beto by the way.)

Zerohedge has a good piece up about Tulsi that hits on this too. Basically, she was taken to the mountaintop of Davos and offered the world and she turned it down. That takes courage and sincerity. I don’t fear Tulsi because I think she is legitimately open minded and willing to talk through issues, unlike Biden, Pelosi, Chuck U Schumer, or even Cocaine Mitch. Tulsi is a prettier, smarter, and more engaging version of Trump. Believe that.

11 Likes

Old time liberals (who are an endangered species today) were often the ones who spotted things that were wrong. Old time conservatives were the ones who “fixed” it.

I view Tulsi as an Old time liberal. I believe she is sincere. I believe her current stance is in keeping with her previous ones - mostly (pols all wind up bending a bit). I would welcome her to the Republican Party - especially if we can remold the Republicans to not be the party of Big Business.

8 Likes