The Crazy Years

Nobody has bought the answer yet on Court Listener:
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67511928/hight-v-williams/

4 Likes

I hope this county ends up filing for bankruptcy. What the ever living hell!

5 Likes

Jimmie Hendrix - Purple Haze. :grinning:

3 Likes

This is a first. I have been around for a long time and this is the first report of an “Attack Pomeranian”. ?What was the deputy so scared of - being bitten on the ankle.

4 Likes

see the shelf labels

5 Likes

Second label should have read “the stupid rest of the country” imho for the implied slight to really work. But hey, they don’t label shelves like they used to :wink:

5 Likes

It’s quite a genre: How New Yorkers See The World: View of the World from 9th Avenue – Brilliant Maps

5 Likes

Road-Trip Following A Constant 70°F (21°C) Normal Daytime High… – Brilliant Maps would be a nice project for empirical verification

3 Likes

Loved this! Sucked me right into the parodies.

2 Likes

Well, there’s also the tripping hazard to fear with certain low-slung breeds.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Now that is really funny. NEVER saw a justification for use of deadly force because for possibly tripping!

2 Likes

If it weren’t so sad, it would be outright funny

4 Likes

And… if you act in any way to protect yourself, YOU will be prosecuted!

5 Likes
4 Likes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/massachusetts-gov-declares-state-emergency-170111064.html

4 Likes

𝕏 user @Villgecrazylady has been looking into the campaign finance filings by Republican presidential candidate Tim Scott and has found some rather janky-looking things. These are summarised in a long 𝕏 thread that starts with the post “Tim Scott Campaign Finance Disclosures”.

This is not at all easy to read, because Mme Crazy Lady makes heavy use of the “mega-tweet” feature available to verified users and many of the posts are longer than 280 characters. The way the 𝕏 client works, you see only the first 280 characters and then “Show more”, which you have to click to read the rest. When you’re done with that post, you have to go back to the original thread, scroll down, and do it all over again. I thought, OK, I’ll find a Thread Reader compilation of the thread and just post a link to that: Here is that compliation. Unfortunately, Thread Reader does the same thing as the 𝕏 client—it only shows the first 280 characters and makes you click a link to see the rest in the 𝕏 client, which is even slower, and thus totally useless.

If you don’t have the fortitude to read the whole thing, here are some snippets to whet your appetite.

We all know the GOP has a serious grifter problem but I hadn’t quite realized how bad it was until I started looking at FEC filing last month. I was interested when reports starting emerging about DeSantis “blowing through money.” And while DeSantis’ filings were predictable and mostly boring (note: he does not have a spending issue) I became intrigued by another candidate’s filings, Senator Tim Scott. Here’s a thread on what I found:

Tim Scott entered into the 2021-2022 midterm cycle with a little more than $5 million on hand. This was his third Senate race and he had won his other two by at least 30 points each. Having spent over $120 million on Jaime Harrison in his failed attempt to beat Lindsey Graham in 2020 the DNC was not looking to light any more money on fire in a hopeless SC senate race so they declined to officially back any opponent against Scott. This should have been an easy, relatively cheap reelection campaign, with Scott parlaying his excess donations into his Presidential campaign. And while it was an easy victory and Scott did parlay his leftover funds, Tim Scott walked out of the 2022 midterms having spent more than all but 3 other GOP candidates (Walker, Oz and Rubio) on a race where his Democrat opponent only raised $135,365 total. How was that even possible? Let’s take a look. After combing through his 2022 FEC filings here is a breakdown of his major expenditures:

If Scott were running against another party backed candidate this might not look that unusual- but he wasn’t, so it’s worth examining this a little. The first thing I noticed when I scanned Scott’s OpenSecrets page was that his #2 vendor, Meeting Street Services LLC, has never been used by any other candidate. That’s surprising considering that Scott paid them over $4.5 million in just 4 months in 2022. An exhaustive search engine query produced nothing on Meeting Street Services LLC. No web page, no social media accounts, no LinkdIn accounts listing … NOTHING. The address given on Scott’s FEC filings lists

#1224 4950 Centerpoint Dr Suite 100
North Charleston, SC 29418

Which is the address of a Staples store in North Charleston, presumably Meeting Street Services has a UPS box there.

Next I did a LLC search. Turns out Meeting Street Services LLC was incorporated in Delaware on 08/17/2022 and then registered in the state of South Carolina on 08/31/2022.

(So now I’m really intrigued, because OFC it’s registered in Delaware.)

Within 30 days of registering in SC, Scott’s campaign paid Meeting Street Services $2,978,361 for everything from digital ads to billboards to TV production shoots and then TV ad buys.

The Times article also highlighted another (almost) million dollars Scott has paid to a brand new company named Advanced Planning & Logistics. Again registered in Delaware last December using the same agent Meeting Street Services used. The Times said Scott was the only FEC registered entity to use Advanced Planning & Logistics but that’s not accurate: since March 2023, Opportunity Matters Fund Action, Larry Ellison’s Super PAC that has thrown its weight behind Scott, has also been billed for $209,350.49 for “Travel Management Consulting/Travel.” Regardless, there’s no online presence, no physical address, just a mailbox located inside a Staples in Fairfax, VA.

Then there’s the campaign finance management company used exclusively by Tim Scott, Caging Resource Management, founded March 31, 2021. Scott’s campaigns have paid this company $431,612 in the last two years. Again, no website or no online presence, and the address is a PO Box in Charleston.

Follow the money….

7 Likes

Can’t she just pay the likely $25 apiece to get copies of the various articles of incorporation, etc.?

4 Likes
3 Likes

Dave Portnoy buys back Barstool presumably for pennies on the dollar.

4 Likes