The Crazy Years

Arbitrage opportunity FTW!

WTF is an “Iron Age pig”?
(NVR mind I looked ‘em up. )

3 Likes

I had to look it up too.

I think sometimes these are called “heritage” pigs. Like heritage hens that can be located at historic preservation sites like Accokeek Farm in Accokeek, Maryland.

3 Likes

I think they’ll be sorry. Wild pigs are very destructive, they root up crops and lawns. AnD they’re fierce. And smart. My BMD has been wild-pig hunting in …I think South Carolina. He sez they will play dead, then turn again and rend you when you get up close.

6 Likes

All of this is true…but they are delicious!!

4 Likes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/air-force-considers-removing-co-165542587.html

If they wrote the original spec. to use the the pilot and a German Shepherd dog flight crew model, Airbus would have legitimately won…

5 Likes

Wilfred Thesiger wrote about the behavior of wild pigs in the (pre-Saddam) marshes of southern Iraq in his book “The Marsh Arabs”. The contest between man and pig was fairly even, with significant casualties on both sides.

Fascinating book, by the way. English-born Thesiger earned his keep in the Marsh Arab community by patching up survivors of encounters with wild boars … and by circumcising the young males. A hard life for those Marsh Arabs, filled with tragedies such as the young woman who was widowed on her wedding bed when a bullet fired into the air during the marriage celebrations plunged back to earth through the roof and killed her new husband.

During Saddam Hussein’s reign, the marshes were partially drained and that way of life apparently largely came to an end.

My apologies for the interruption. Sometimes we have to remember that life has always been crazy for somebody somewhere.

7 Likes

Thanks for the pilot and German Shepherd Dog link!

2 Likes

This is the bean-counters getting their 2 cents in. With the vaccine “mandate” this idiot administration has pushed SO violently, there is a real pilot shortage. Pilots take a long time and lots of money to train. Last time I looked, the AF was losing 700 pilots - all because these ultimately fit young men and women refused to take a “Vaccine” that had FAR MORE DANGEROUS side effects than benefits, especially since there are several viable treatment options.

10 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Yeah all concentrated in the DuPont Circle area of DC, which, at least when I was living in the area, was homo central for the Nation’s capitol.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Comrades! The Newspeak dictionary has been updated!

Old:

New:

8 Likes

Rule of thumb: Never rely on Bibles published after 1960 because they have without a doubt been watered down by the Leftist publishers. And you Never rely on dictionaries published after 1960…because they have without a doubt been bastardized by the Leftist publishers.

9 Likes

Not only is the “girl” in the example sentence transgender, but she’s in middle school. Groomers!

8 Likes

Eh I don’t know about the bibles. The ESV is pretty good.

3 Likes

An attempted mass shooting at an Indiana mall was stopped by a bystander who was carrying a concealed handgun.

Dicken engaged the shooter at 40 yards and landed eight of his 10 shots.

I read elsewhere that Dicken was carrying a Glock 9mm and braced himself against a pillar to achieve such impressive accuracy.

10 Likes

Seriously impressive.

7 Likes