The Crazy Years

5 Likes

13 Likes
6 Likes

Real corpse:

Strangely stiff corpse:

WSJ today:

Does anyone have an explanation here, or is WSJ engaging in uncritical pro-Palestine psyops? The photographer in question is very much a partisan actor. @nagle ? @civilwestman ?

5 Likes

Can’t rule out rigor mortis without time-of-death vs. time of picture.

3 Likes

Very good point. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3657962/:

Rigor mortis commences in 2-3 h, takes about 12 h to develop, persists for another 12 h, and takes about 12 h to pass off.

7 Likes
6 Likes

When was the last time any of us picked up a human being? How much effort did it require? There is awkwardness as well as weight. “He ain’t heavy, he’s my brother” was only a song. The downrated US Navy apparently requires four (4) sailors to carry a stretcher case.

5 Likes

That whole war is a ginormous propoganda effort. Very little you hear or see from Hamas is truthful.

BTW, the USMC has always looked to 4-man stretcher bearers. In a firefight you may not have enough resources to put that many men on the stretchers but it’s the goal. With 4 you can move faster across the battlefield, avoiding obstacles. But to get right down to it, one of the PFT requirements was carrying a guy 300 m.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Sure looks like an agenda piece. No such photos in WSJ showing victims of October 7. The Gazans are famous for fake info, including pictures.

6 Likes

Here is a very different picture of Gaza, never seen in the western “media”.

6 Likes

The entire point of the 21st century left is to be able to simultaneously say inconsistent things, knowing they can get away with it.
On the one hand, we are told that on October 6 Gaza was a concentration camp, thus justifying October 7. On the other hand, the same people tell us that on October 7 Gaza was a paradise destroyed by Israel starting October 8.
These are the same people who can simultaneously say the Holocaust never existed and praise Hitler for committing it. These are the same people who can simultaneously say that 911 was done by the Jews and praise Al-Qaeda for doing it.

9 Likes

I just looked at chart that shows expected weight versus height. I am guessing that the person is carrying something that is around 5 ft long/tall. A five foot tall person with an typical BMI (19) would weight 97 lbs. For reference: The guy doing the carrying has a BMI much higher than 19. My guess it is close to 25 to 30.

A normal man cannot carry 100 pounds like this. Go try curling 50 lbs. or hold 50 lbs. with your arms bent 90 degrees. If you are lucky enough that you can get a 50 lb. dumbbell to 90 degrees, you still will not be able to hold it there for very long and your face will be scrunched up with the effort.

I just tried it with one arm and a 35 lb. dumbbell. I made it 35 seconds before the angle of my arm started to drop. I didn’t want to try two 40 lb. bags of salt, because I farmer carry these and struggle going from the garage to the basement.

So phony.

6 Likes

Here’s an explanation:
sw896xBY

I’ll blame the media for unquestioningly propagating propaganda.

4 Likes

Woah, this article made me appreciate Biden’s record on Houthis:

On February 4, 2021, Biden gave his first foreign policy speech and said:

We’re also stepping up our diplomacy to end the war in Yemen — a war which has created a humanitarian and strategic catastrophe. I’ve asked my Middle East team to ensure our support for the United Nations-led initiative to impose a ceasefire, open humanitarian channels, and restore long-dormant peace talks.

And to underscore our commitment, we are ending all American support for offensive operations in the war in Yemen, including relevant arms sales.

At the same time, Saudi Arabia faces missile attacks, UAV strikes, and other threats from Iranian-supplied forces in multiple countries. We’re going to continue to support and help Saudi Arabia defend its sovereignty and its territorial integrity and its people.

4 Likes

Read down for: “Lehbeib entered the U.S. from Mexico in November, authorities said.”

4 Likes

It looks like about a 10-year old, weighing around 60 pounds. All the anatomical features that one would expect to be visible through thin cloth are visible, using a real child is less trouble than a dummy. Some might question whether the child is dead, but there’s no doubt thousands of such children’s corpses have been pulled from the rubble in Gaza. Was the picture posed? Probably. So what?

It’s almost as if pictures of dead children bother some people more because it makes Israel look bad than it bothers them that the government of Israel that they support has killed and continues to kill thousands of children in an act of collective punishment.

3 Likes

And there’s where a perfectly reasonable comment goes off the rails. You say “collective punishment” where others say “collateral damage”. When you look at the history of who on each side targets innocents, versus innocents hurt near legitimate military targets, it doesn’t take an honest person long to understand that the Gazans are the guilty parties. Easily understood long before the attack on civilians on October 7 that ordinary Gazans wildly celebrated.

7 Likes

Honest. :lying_face:
If only America could inspire a tenth the loyalty…