The Crazy Years

4 Likes
6 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes/irs-deletes-requirement-that-new-agents-be-willing-to-use-deadly-force/ar-AA10BeIV

Still a requirement, but just hushed.

9 Likes
4 Likes

redshift

Related, from the 2016 election by FiveThirtyEight:

10 Likes

These people doing this need to be fed to the wood chippers.

1 Like

Good lord John. These maps call to mind a couple of Amendments that need to be repealed ASAP.

4 Likes

See why can’t someone push Liz out of a car along a busy street in London and leave her to run around scared and confused and lost instead of the poor Cocker? I have said this many times, but humanity is damned lucky it wasn’t me on that Cross.

4 Likes

The cocker spaniel reference made me think the “Liz” was Her Majesty. Cheney is my age, but I disclaim her.

BTW:

9 Likes

Yes, the incestuous DC society in full display.

5 Likes

Vice President Kamala “Bad LPC” Harris spoke on 2022-08-12 at Chabot Space and Science Center in Oakland, California. Space.com reports, “VP Kamala Harris pledges new ‘rules framework’ for commercial space”.

U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris, also the chair of the National Space Council, said the council will convene again on Sept. 9 to discuss a partnership between regulatory agencies and the private sector.

Here she goes, demonstrating that trademark gibberish you last heard when somebody in your high school English class was called on to give a report on a book he’d never read.

Here is the full thing, if you can stand it.

I don’t know enough American Sign Language to tell if the interpreter was just signing “BS…BS…BS”.

10 Likes

YOu shouldn’t put down those poor lads who never read the book before having to do the report. They are normally very articulate, they just failed to do the assignment. Heels Up Harris is completely inarticulate. Probably from years of “climbing to the top” by shoving things in her mouth that shouldn’t really be there.

4 Likes

Good Lord, I couldn’t stand to listen to the full 50-second clip…

6 Likes

Tulsi Gabbard is the only Dem politician who I can stand any real length of time when she speaks. Mainly because she speaks a lot of sense on a handful of issues.

5 Likes

Who are you kidding? When you play Gabbard videos, you turn the sound down and the music up.

6 Likes

When it decides to pass the simulated kid, it apparently accelerates much more than I would do. I would basically go at a crawl until past the kid. Perhaps it’s treating the simulated kid as an inanimate object. Would it treat a fidgeting kid the same?

6 Likes

Completely nuts.

I have to revise my observation for 2022 that financial markets are crazy, because people are crazy

to

financial markets are absolutely nuts, because people are absolutely nuts.

It horrifies me to imagine what event(s) it would take to break the trance.

5 Likes

The National reports, in a more restrained tone, “Scotland’s first period dignity officer is a man — and that’s sparking debate”.

The decision to appoint a man as Scotland’s first period dignity officer has sparked some backlash.

It was revealed on Monday that former personal trainer Jason Grant – who was previously a student wellbeing officer with Dundee and Angus College – was chosen for the position in the Tay region.

The news came as Scotland became the first country in the world where public institutions are legally enforced to provide them.

Amongst those to criticise the decision was tennis legend Martina Navratilova, who said on social media that the decision was “absurd”.

Responding to a tweet about the decision, the Czech icon said: “And this is just f****** ridiculous.”

Grant has been hired on a two-year fixed-term contract and is employed by a project team that also includes Dundee and Angus College, Perth College, Angus Council and Dundee City Council.

His plan is to work directly with colleges and local authorities to ensure period dignity across the area.

Speaking to The Courier, he said: “I’m absolutely buzzing about it. It’s definitely pioneering as Scotland is the first to do this.

“It’s about making people aware of the availability of period products for anyone of any gender, whenever they need it. … ”

Emphasis mine in the last sentence.

8 Likes

Teenage boys will find some use for their fair share of anything, usually as weapons:

9 Likes

What the literal Eff? All this handwringing over the fall of Western Civilization. Perhaps it needs to fall if this is what we are going to be doing with it.

7 Likes