The Crazy Years

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/lab-grown-meat-cleared-for-human-consumption-by-us-regulator/ar-AA14c3Io

5 Likes
4 Likes

How some imagine the problems to be:

via The Ecosystem of Wicked Problems by Christian Sarkar - Global Peter Drucker Forum BLOG

What would a better systems model be like?

1 Like

My google-fu is weak. I am reminded of some old film or TV show (perhaps a Three Stooges short) where an actress wore a live mink as a stole.

3 Likes

I would think a better system model would look like this:

Individual Freedom--------->Success
---------------------------------------------------------->Failure

That’s pretty much it.

2 Likes

KTVU television, San Francisco, reports “SF launches guaranteed income program for transgender community”:

The city’s Mayor, London Breed, said the new program will provide low-income transgender residents with payments up to $1,200 each month for up to 18 months.

The city says the payments will help the trans community with financial insecurity.

The program will support 55 people. In addition to guaranteed income, participants will be provided with gender-affirming medical and mental health care, case management and specialty care services, and financial coaching.

The deadline to apply for the program is Dec. 15, 2022.

It gets (much) funnier. Here is the “Guaranteed Income for Trans People (GIFT) Program Application” [PDF] form, where you can scroll down to see the 18 options for Pronouns (including “no pronouns/just name”) and ninety-seven options for Gender, including “Fa’afafine” and “Ninauposkitzipxpe”.

9 Likes

I’m wondering when the Equal Protection Clause case gets filed, if ever.

2 Likes

https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticut/eversource-customers-could-soon-see-a-nearly-50-increase-in-monthly-bill/

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Back in the day when the NFL was worth watching, this would have never happened. The Bills played an AFC Champ game against the Raiders in 92 that had snow all over the place. They played a playoff game against the Dolphins in 91 where there was a lot of snow. The NFL is garbage, done in by a bunch of limp wristed, leftwing lawyers from NY. If you like football, watching college is the best product out there.

4 Likes

This was a game a couple of nights ago between Western Mich and Central Mich.

The NFL can pleasure itself with a cheese grater.

5 Likes

ONe more:

4 Likes

1965 NFL Championship Game, 1966-01-02, Cleveland Browns at Green Bay Packers.

Despite a heavy snowstorm that blanketed the field, 50,777 hardy fans showed up in 26 °F (−3 °C) weather. A tarp covered the field until shortly before kickoff and a moderated wind of 12 mph (19 km/h) blew through Lambeau field. Intermittent rain fell during the game, later turning to light snow. The field initially had a thin covering of snow, but soon turned to mud for most of the game.

5 Likes

This is one of my favorite classics on YouTube. Back when the NFL was all about football and not money.

4 Likes

Somebody say “Snow Bowl”? This was almost 22 years ago. And the QB is still playing:

3 Likes

Did somebody at Sig think the postal code for New Hampshire was NW?

3 Likes

No, they got it right. The place appears to be Newington, NH.

They WERE in Exeter - still have their sport center there.

1 Like

@Devereaux , You miss the point. Zoom in. It says “Newington, NW” instead of “Newington, NH”.

2 Likes