The Crazy Years

It is OK for random individuals to have strange views which apparently contradict accepted “facts”. That is true diversity, and occasionally one of those wild & crazy people will be a Copernicus or a Galisteo – to the great benefit of the whole human race.

But when people who can exert great influence on the direction of research spending hold ideas which are obviously bunk – that is dangerous. That way lies the AIDS-Scam, the Covid-Scam, the Climate Change Scam.

Science is broken. And we are all suffering because of it.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Since the unfortunate worker was killed, he did not become eligible for International Classification of Diseases (ICD) code “V97.33XD Sucked Into Jet Engine (Subsequent Encounter)”, which pertains to patients sucked into a jet engine two or more times.

8 Likes

She:
https://selmasun.com/news/ntsb-releases-preliminary-report-detailing-fatal-accident-at-montgomery-airport/article_767aaca4-9c19-11ed-aea7-3f4a81ed1855.html

5 Likes

Wrong!! The number one cause of obesity is sugar!! And here in the US we put sugar in everything, including Chex mix! It’s fructose corn syrup that is in everything and that is where the sugar comes from.

7 Likes

Natural stupidity v. artificial intelligence:

3 Likes

Aw, darn. V97.33XD is for subsequent clinical visits from any jet engine encounter, not for being sucked in more than once, something else that the media got wrong. The first visit is V97.33XA and I’m guessing the worker didn’t qualify for that either. I couldn’t find the ICD-10 code for death from being sucked into a jet engine but it’s there somewhere.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Today he’d get a Y99.1 (military activity) code added to V97.33XA and multiple V97.33XD encounters. Fortunately I avoided billing, other than one project to verify that our charting software vendor had properly converted our ICD-9 codes to the corresponding ICD-10 codes. It was my last employment task, done remotely about 6 months after an I49.6 at work let me know it was time to pack it in and do office work.

4 Likes

Here is Juan Browne’s (blancolirio) analysis of the NTSB preliminary report on the Montgomery airport ramp accident.

3 Likes

My bet is on corn syrup as the single biggest change in diet - and a major explanatory factor for the rise in obesity starting from late '70s onwards. Trend analysis:

Country analysis:

5 Likes

Be wary of lone policemen, warns London head teacher - BBC News?

2 Likes

The many-titled Dr Fatima Cody Stanford, MD, MPH, MPA, MBA, FAAP, FACP, FAHA, FAMWA, FTOS, about whom I wrote in comment #1309 above, declaring that “[t]he number one cause of obesity is genetics”, has been appointed to the twenty member Dietary Guidelines for Americans advisory committee, jointly operated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and Health and Human Services, to draft the 2025 edition of their recommendations for what citizens of fattyland should eat starting in that year. Priorities are clear:

The 2025 Committee will examine the relationship between diet and health across all life stages, and will use a health equity lens across its evidence review to ensure factors such as socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, and culture are described and considered to the greatest extent possible based on the information provided in the scientific literature and data. This will help HHS and USDA ensure that the resulting guidance in the Dietary Guidelines is relevant to people with diverse racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds. To aid in this process, the Committee members have substantial health equity expertise in human nutrition and experience conducting research with diverse populations.

fatima_2023-01-27

Here is Dr Fatima with Mad Maxine Waters at the “National Minority Quality Forum Summit” in April 2022.

7 Likes

Ugh.

1 Like
  1. Based on the table, we are already up to 45%. Thus 45% for the children of the obese would suggest little genetic effect. The 50-80% for the children of the obese would be a moderate effect.

2. I don’t know what to make of Stahl’s overacting.

4 Likes

Cost of insuring a Tesla:

One at least theoretical issue with Tesla all along is the vast amount of data they collect can give their captive insurance arm an advantage.
But having that captive arm gives Tesla a particular incentive to reduce repair costs.

7 Likes

So, a Pfizer director seems upset he was being recorded talking about Pfizer’s ‘directed evolution’ of SARS-nCoV-2 virus as to produce vaccines that would anticipate virus mutations:

Not like such experiments haven’t been done before, specifically in the context of Omicron in South Africa:

In the meantime, millions are missing from work:

2 Likes

gaetz_2023-01-27

Washington, D.C. — Today U.S. Congressman Matt Gaetz (FL-01) filed the “Preventing Extreme Negligence with Classified Information Licenses Resolution,” or the “PENCIL Resolution.” The resolution expresses the sense of the U.S. House of Representatives that Congressman Adam Schiff (CA-30) should not have access to classified information, should be investigated by the House Ethics Committee, and should have his comments made during any proceeding of Congress regarding Russian Collusion and the Trump campaign be officially struck from the record.

PENCIL Resolution” [PDF]—heh.

10 Likes

CTLaw

2h

1. Based on the table, we are already up to 45%. Thus 45% for the children of the obese would suggest little genetic effect. The 50-80% for the children of the obese would be a moderate effect.
  2. I don’t know what to make of Stahl’s overacting”

I am still amazed at the total lack of basic observation. Carbohydrates go straight to fat, do not pass GO, do not collect $200. The cost of carbs is way less than protein,so it’s hardly difficult to recognize that it is far easier to feed oneself with carbs than with protein. ?Notice all the variety of “chips” on the shelf in the average grocery store. There’s a reason for that.

Today we do not eat from the garden we grow, for the most part; we eat from the nearest grocery store. Check out what is MOST COMMON in the gas station stops - chips, Cheeto’s, pretzels, cupcakes, donuts, etc. ?How much shelf space in your local grocery store is dedicated to things like chips and salsa.

7 Likes
3 Likes