The Crazy Years

?So the Native Americans were NOT flawless. Couldn’t prove that via their media image. :innocent:

6 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

But I thought Indians were at one with nature and loved our Mother Gia? My world is shattered.

3 Likes

As appears to be the Western trend, Belgium also has a Defence Minister who is militarily and economically illiterate:

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/who_is_who_51267.htm

5 Likes

From the Belgian arms trader talking about the retrofitting expenses that would be required to make the old surplus tanks fit for service in the Ukraine: “… replacing asbestos in the engine could cost 75,000 euros …

That sounds like the old joke about the condemned man in front of a firing squad being refused a last cigarette – because smoking kills, you know.

9 Likes

Screenshot_20230202_142001_Twitter

Here is the “research paper” from Diabetes Care, “A Mathematical Model for the Determination of Total Area Under Glucose Tolerance and Other Metabolic Curves”.

The author is a “doctor” of “education”.

9 Likes

Other formulas widely applied by researchers under- or overestimated total area under a
metabolic curve by a great margin.

Were they?

5 Likes

?Did you notice all the references about government. “Government” has to do this or that. NO mention of “government” just getting out of the way.

4 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes
6 Likes

Biden’s Generals said it would be unsafe to shoot it down – over Montana.

9 Likes

Perfect target for the airborne laser.

9 Likes

One theory is that it is a “green” balloon, gathering critical data on wind patterns to transform the case for Anthropogenic Global Warming from stupid scam to slam-dunk scientific certitude.

Another theory is that the balloon is carrying the Big Guy’s 10% from China to the Swamp.

But the most likely theory about why the military does not want to shoot it down is that it would be so embarrassing to try and fail.

10 Likes

The list of books that are forbidden in the US:

5 Likes

A testament to French naval architecture. China and India did not want it:

7 Likes

?What happened to scrapping it. There must be value in its metal.

6 Likes

It’s much older than most large ships being scrapped. And it’s a warship. That means asbestos everywhere.

9 Likes

?But isn’t that something that can be dealt with. We had asbestos in many schools and they were cleaned up. I think most of the asbestos in warships is on the steam pipes, and one would think those could be cleaned up and then the metal scrapped. It’s a LOT of steel. That must be worth something. I would think it would cost the Brazilians more just to sink it than to sell it as scrap, even if that number was small.

8 Likes