The Propaganda Technique That Threatens Trump's Reelection

This is Colorado’s brief:

There is some weird stuff going on here. As far as I can tell, it has not been consolidated with the case filed by the Colorado Republican Party. And the latter case (filed earlier) is awaiting action.

Unusually, rather than pointing to specific issues of law or fact, Trump’s “question presented” simply asks whether Colorado erred.

My guess is a majority has already made its mind up. Perhaps they simply hold for Trump, and then legitimately dismiss the party case as moot. Or they hold against Trump and use that as an excuse to dismiss the party case which may have been stronger.

7 Likes

Perhaps apocryphal is the rumor that Roberts was heard virtually yelling that he had to vote for leftist thugs because they threatened to tear down the US. This would seem to indicate that he would be afraid of triggering a civil war in the US and that, maybe, just perhaps, he wasn’t aware of just how dangerous was his vote “upholding the intent of the law” as interpreted by the Dead President. If he was unaware then, he has to be a bit more aware now and maybe he’ll vote to avoid an armed struggle against people who can do serious damage to The Unspeakable Thing In DC.

That would tend to say he might not vote to Let Slip The Dogs of Voter Fraud across the entire US lest he inadvertently Let Slip The Dogs Of War against TUTIDC.

That said, Colorado may be a lost cause, despite at least one survivalist novel series “A Great State” written in partial response to Trumpism, that had Colorado as a redoubt for people fleeing BLOB states:

The only time I visited Colorado during my adult life was in summer of 2007 and a “Mexican American” construction worker, on a job at my hosts’ home, gratuitously made a comment with a wry smile that Mexicans were taking over Colorado. My hosts were not political and I hadn’t volunteered any observations of the political situation. This reminded me of a comment by a guy named Krishna at HP just prior to the DotCon bubble burst, that India was a “sleeping giant” that was poised to dominate the US. That wasn’t quite so gratuitous since I had made a comment about having to threaten to resign in order to hire Tom Etter rather than an H-1b guest worker as I had been told to.

5 Likes