We Want To Believe

They were just a marker for the limits on where residents of the two adjacent villages (under different sovereigns) were allowed to graze their livestock.

3 Likes

Only in the most historically illiterate and tendentious sense that obviously seeks, by redefinition into impracticality if not immorality, nullification of freedom of association by mutually consenting adults that may, themselves, seek to exclude such virulence in whatever form: Microbial or Human.

Think back to high school geometry:

The circumference of a circle is a linear function of its radius whereas the area of a circle is a function of the square of the radius. The cost of border enforcement per area goes way down with increase in radius since border enforcement is pretty close to proportion to border length (circumference).

The government “lockdowns” were making you think past the sale: That it is impractical to have entire communities protect themselves from pathogens with border enforcement replacing prisons, as did Princeton University. Why are they so terrified of you thinking such protections might be practical? Why do “the politics of exclusion” absolutely terrify virulent pathogens in human form when it could be the key to eliminating prisons by replacing them with exile? To ask is to answer.

4 Likes

Rural settings like these Trump counties?

What do you think is going to drive the United States into a rhyme with The Thirty Years War?

1 Like

I, too, was vaccinated, including against Omicron, but I continued to advocate for anti-vaxxers to have the fundamental human right to form exclusive territories for protective sequestration. Many if not most anti-vaxxers are rural so it is obvious that they could practically do this except for government opposition to interior border enforcement by communities of regular folks who can’t buy up huge tracts of land when they can barely afford to raise kids on one income with the mother staying at home.

My decision to be vaccinated was driven mainly by the desire to be with my wife during her end of life hospice in a care facility where it was required. I wasn’t even that worried about killing her since I may well have done so myself in The State of Nature out of compassion for her Hellish decline into death with Huntington’s Disease. I was with my mother when she was suffering oxygen hunger prior to death from COVID, but morphine relieved her suffering and brought on her death more rapidly. You should have seen the bedsore my wife had.

Moreover, I watched as the government delayed release of gene silencing therapy for HD for years after proven safe (and clearly called for by the fatal nature of the disease), and even though Trump signed the “right to try” law shortly after being elected – while I was still able to spend every evening with my wife to ensure she was being taken care of properly. A retired pharmaceutical exec with Pfizer I had dinner with told me that the companies would not permit her treatment because of “liability concerns” despite the fact that the “right to try” law protected them from frivolous lawsuits under waiver of liability contracts. So when the COVID vaccines were rushed to distribution within months and foisted on the public with no greater protections than those afforded the HD gene silencing treatments, and this was more extreme even than the “fast track” enjoyed by the gay community with AIDS treatments, I was moved to suspicion:

Why would the virulent human beings running things have such a profound double standard?

The most obvious answer is not that they wanted to “edit our genes!!!” or any of a vast array of other hysterical theories that seek to explain this insanity. It is simply to knock out their competition for human flesh and make sure to quell any recognition of the value of ecological exclusions of pathogens that might provide cross-immunity against them.

4 Likes

“historically illiterate”? You try me, my dear sir. Fortunately, i am a veteran of numerous verbal battles. I think the mot juste here is: I am done.

1 Like

Please forgive the shortness of my sawed-off barrel that sprayed shot in too general a direction. I was aiming at another target: The education system that should have taught children, starting in elementary school history classes, about such essential lessons as the Treaty of Westphalia’s Cuius regio, eius religio that terminated the Thirty Years War and established the modern notion of self-determination by nation states. Notions such as “protective sequestration” are obvious secondary follow-on topics that, given this context, would leave little room for conflation with notions of “lockdown”.

We’re all victims of the “education” system’s travesty of historical “literacy” – and I’m sure you can teach me a thing or two of high importance that was left out of my education.

5 Likes

Тhat is exactly what the problem is. Look at ILLINOIS, which I happen to know well since I lived there some 50 years. It is a Red State except for Cook County and parts of the collar counties. Yet those 7 counties have dominated Illinois politics since I can remember. It was kind of a standing joke that anywhere south of Kankakee is really Kentucky. Yet the state votes consistently BLUE.

3 Likes

You are undoubtedly aware of how close things came to intrastate warfare in Illinois when the Chicago politicos tried to impose state-wide gun control. This is only one example of what may detonate a rhyme with the Thirty Years War.

The battle lines of this quasi-religious conflict are too fractal in nature to result in a mere Civil War II. Imagine what would have happened if entire counties south of Chicago had, at the start of the COVID pandemic, declared themselves anti-vaxxer protective sequestration havens that permitted through-passage of people on state highways and Interstates, but prohibited further ingress (as per Princeton University 1918).

PS: The gambit by the Dems is to transport illegal immigrants to rural counties around the country in hopes of increasing the fractal dimension to the point that the fratricide will leave no county anywhere untouched. By “hope” I mean two things: 1) “hope” that conflict will be averted because it would be too devastating for everyone everywhere, and 2) “hope” by the enemies of the US that it will detonate beause of a finely mixed stoichiometric ratio of “diversity”.

5 Likes

The squabble that led to Illinois actually getting a fairly decent CCW law was based upon a mistake Madigan, the Speaker of the IL House made, deciding he was going to disregard the 7th Circuit timeline imposed upon the state to get a CCW law on the books. Having left it to the last minute, he was then faced with a rebellion of the downstate Democrats who flat out demanded two things - 1) shall issue and 2) state pre-eminence, so lessor governments couldn’t overturn the law passed. Technically that made ALL counties SHALL ISSUE but Cook still refused to honour the law for quite a while, attempting to add all manner of idiocies despite the pre-emption rule. BUT had Madigan done his homework and tried sooner to get HIS version in, odds are Illinois would have had a garbage law, just like NY, NJ, MA, and MD.

4 Likes

Them just keeping the pressure on with the items they have been hitting the past couple of years and another blatant election steal might do the trick.

4 Likes

?So, how many believe now. ?Who in his right mind would have voted for Fetterman. Yet he supposedly won. ?Are Pennsylvanians REALLY so dumb or is this another stolen election.

1 Like

Both, I think. Remember that the availability of absentee ballots for any/no reason at all in the circumstance of completely lawless cities (you don’t think the lawlessness doesn’t extend to election “officials”=democrats) where the majority of voters are concentrated, makes it unlikely we can ever win statewide elections. Remember also, those who work are mulcted for funds which finance “community activists”, who with absentee ballots, have infinite time to do their work. I think it goes like this: they visit a very large number of homes in cities; they get people to register and get them to get absentee ballots; probably some small amount of money changes hands; after the correct amount of time (which they well know) the ballots arrive and they come to “help” fill them out; they collect = harvest these ballots and mail or deposit them in “monitored” return boxes whose video cameras - in Epstein fashion (democrat city again) - are defective.

Look at the big picture. Not that long ago, mechanical voting machines and paper ballots were counted in a controlled fashion - observers from both sides, who were not yet mortal enemies - and results known (and easily objectively verifiable by any disinterested 3rd party) on the night of election in the vast majority of cases. Now, electronic voting machines - completely opaque to most everyone as well as corruptible and unverifiable in principle (how to you count bits?) give us various “problems” on election day and results remain unknown for… If we can’t trust the state to conduct a fair , transparent, credible ELECTION, one must ask why around half the population trusts the state to completely control their entire lives??? Hypothesis: brain dead (and even dead dead democrats [see today’s “The Crazy Years” thread for that) elites, whose strings are pulled by Soros and clones, accurately represent increasingly a stupid and propagandized population to the extent they those think at all. In other words, the Constitutional Republic is definitively over. A long and effective tyranny is underway. Try not to attract attention; they can now “legally” crush anyone who merely disagrees.

8 Likes

Yes, it would appear that the new name of the game is tribalism. Find a place made up of like-minded folk and make a stand. But nevertheless, whatever was left of the republic prior to 2020 is certainly ground up roadkill now. The once great republic, died of a theory.

3 Likes

They voted for the seat.
There are more Ds than Rs in Pa.
Still I’m sick bout it.
But you know what? I reckon I mighta done the same thing. You?

3 Likes

I might want to leave. Allegheny County is a mini Chicago with aspirations. I’m tired of being surrounded by BLM and Fetterman yard signs in the suburbs. The question, at age 78 1/2 is how much time II might have to adjust to a new home. I’m not exactly flexible - physically, mentally or emotionally.

4 Likes

CW, you won’t need to adjust to Florida. I have friends there and have been myself. It just welcomes you and wraps its liberty loving arms around you with warmth (that might be the sun). It is the New World of our New World. There we can make anew what was destroyed.

5 Likes

Don’t get pessimistic! Your observation about “tyranny” is completely correct. However, the “long and effective” part is rather unlikely.

The Institutional Democrats and their handmaidens in the bureaucracy & the media are frightened of shadows – Covid and global warming; they have insane international policies, risking thermonuclear war with Russia & China simultaneously; they have created insoluble debt problems; they have de-industrialized the US, leaving us dependent on … Russia & China; and they are controlled by gerontocrats who have driven any younger person with a smidgeon of common sense or capability out of their Party.

Yes, there will be tyranny. No, it will not be effective and it will not last long. What comes after the collapse of one Party Democrat rule? We will have to wait and see. Sadly, the transition will be painful – very painful.

5 Likes

Not so sure about driving out the young. An analysis I saw today said the dems won near 70% of the 20 - 29 demographic.

3 Likes

?All 7 of them. (Dems don’t have many kids.)

2 Likes

John Della Volpe is director of polling at the Harvard Kennedy School Institute of Politics.

jdv_2021-11-09a

6 Likes