The Crazy Years

And again:

2 Likes
4 Likes

You know why? Because “fake” meat is really human meat, much like tofu (made from people and styrafoam). I suspect this guy has the taste of human flesh because of his “veganism” (yeah right) and was just bloody hungry after watching a 3 hour football game–or I am sure as this schmuck thought a 3 hour “cattle” auction.

On a serious note, this guy is on my list for when society collapses.

5 Likes

Don’t forget: SOMEONE is going to get rich off of this.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Stacy Abrams: “Fetal heartbeat is manufactured sound … so men can control women”. Naturally, twitter (sic) defends this blatant lie. Yes, the sound is greatly amplified, as is that of every ultrasound image of heart valves and flow through blood vessels. That does NOT mean there is no heartbeat at 6 weeks. You can see fetal heartbeats with your own eyes on youtube (sic) - for now at least. Facts are officially meaningless, especially when mediated by the MSM/twitter conspiracy.

8 Likes

Oxford University Press, founded in 1586, has just rebranded itself, adopting a new logo. Here’s the old and new, for comparison.

ouplogo

The motto on the book in the previous logo is from Psalm 27: “Dominus illuminatio mea”—The Lord is my light.

Wags on Twitter have suggested ways to further “improve” the new logo.

Oxford is not the first university press to revise its branding. In 2013, we had:

The text in their old logo was “Veritas”—truth. I suppose the rectangles in the replacement signify “whatever”.

11 Likes

Yale dropped the shield from the website:

First, pushing it down to the bottom:

Then eliminating:

5 Likes

Daily Wire host Matt Walsh uncovered shocking details about Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s (VUMC) so-called gender-affirming care.

Video and archived webpages from the medical center details a doctor’s promotion of the “big money maker” transgender therapies and surgeries, and apparent threats against medical professionals who dare object for religious reasons.

“It’s a lot of money,” VUMC Clinic for Transgender Health’s Dr. Shayne Sebold Taylor said at one Medicine Grand Rounds lecture, video reveals. “These surgeries make a lot of money.”

Taylor noted that a “chest reconstruction” can bring in $40,000 per patient, and someone “just on routine hormone treatment, who I’m only seeing a few times a year, can bring in several thousand dollars … and actually makes money for the hospital.”

Citing the Philadelphia Center for Transgender Surgery, Taylor said vaginoplasty surgeries can generate $20,000, gushing that it “has to be an underestimate,” since hospital stay, anesthesia, post-op visits, and other add-ons are not included in the total.

“And the female-to-male bottom surgeries, these are huge money makers,” the doctor continued, adding that such surgeries could bring in “up to $100,000” for the hospital.

At another Medicine Grand Rounds lecture, staffers are warned by Vanderbilt health law expert Ellen Wright Clayton that any “conscientious objection” will be met with “consequences,” and are told they probably shouldn’t be working at VUMC if they don’t want to participate in the trans surgeries, which include minor patients.

“If you are going to assert conscientious objection, you have to realize that that is problematic,” Clayton said. “You are doing something to another person, and you are not paying the cost for your belief. I think that is a … real issue.”

Clayton said conscientious objectors would be “accommodated” but said these people have to find someone else to carry out such surgeries for them.

“I just want you to take home that saying that you’re not going to do something because of your conscientious — because of your religious beliefs, is not without consequences, and should not be without consequences,” she stressed. “And I just want to put that out there.”

“We are given an enormous — if you don’t want to do this kind of work, don’t work at Vanderbilt,” she stressed.

The videos suggest that the doctors at Vanderbilt are put under tremendous pressure to perform gender reassignment surgeries on children, in part because of the revenue that these surgeries generate for the hospital. How often are doctors encouraged to prescribe unnecessary or even harmful treatments for the financial benefit of the hospital that employs them? Surely the genital mutilation of 13-year-olds violates the Hippocratic Oath. The ubiquitous use of ventilators and Remdesivir to kill “COVID” patients, causing the hospital to receive a windfall of Medicare relief payments, might be another example of this. @civilwestman, would you be willing to share your insight on this topic as a doctor?

6 Likes

And yet there are “conservative” American parents who have a hard-on to get their child in these worthless prestige factories.

4 Likes

One last thing about these “institutions of higher learning.” I have flushed things with more intelligence than your average undergrad graduate from Yale, Harvard, or Oxford. Proof? Here ya’ go:

These glittering jewels of colossal stupidity are crying like spoiled little brats about Halloween costumes.

4 Likes

I find it difficult to get past my utter revulsion to cobble together rational thoughts. This turns the most fundamental elements of medical ethics on its head. The organized parts of the profession (recall that the AMA represents less than 30% of physicians, but the administrations of hospitals and medical faculties have been moving further left every year for several generations) now insist that politically determined - not scientifically - “treatments”, including permanently-deforming surgeries on minors, be performed regardless of personal ethical or moral or religious principles. All this with zero credible scientific evidence on the outcome of such radical “treatments”. Is there any more potent example of totalitarianism?

Not long ago, children were universally believed to lack the capacity to consent to medical procedures. That went out the window with abortion, where parents were intentionally and maliciously removed from decision making about their own children. This precedent has now been extended to genital and sexual characteristic mutilation and defended - as we see here - to such extent as to have become absolute imperatives.

One need not be a physician to know without any doubt that teenagers are labile emotionally and radically changeable as to worldviews, opinions and self-understanding. Given these eternal facts - know to all for millennia - it is unfathomable that the medical profession does not exercise maximum caution and restraint; that it does not err on the side of caution in undertaking irreversible mutilations of individuals who, in fact, still lack the capacity to consent to such life-changing, irreversible procedures is simply put, evil. This is not a close call. The impetus for these crimes is unequivocally political: it is no longer sufficient to merely accept acts and lifestyles which were believed by all until quite recently, to be deviant; it is now required that everyone not only tolerate, but advocate, celebrate and participate in actions which are actually crimes.

We saw in the abortion debate how the exception - permissible abortion for rare cases of pregnancy resulting from rape/incest - swallowed the rule that abortion (especially given the universal availability of birth control) must be very limited. Here, perhaps, there may exist a genuine phenomenon (albeit, I believe it to be a mental illness in the form of a delusion) of “gender dysphoria”. If it actually exists, it is rare and what is happening today is a classic example of mass hysteria, epidemiologically verifiable as such - if anyone dared to undertake such a study and thereby put an end to his/her career. As we have witnessed, the medical profession has abandoned all its central, time-honored principles, especially those regarding consent to medical treatment (like “emergency” use of barely-tested (untested completely, in the case of the BA -4 and BA -5 “boosters”) “vaccines”. Compulsory use might be justified on public health grounds were there a 25% mortality rate. In the case of Covid, however, the mortality rate was closer to that of seasonal flu; this is almost certainly the case if one takes into account the fact that there were likely far more actual cases than were reported (further lowering the case fatality rate).

Until recently, medical decision making was generally trustworthy, as it resulted from unbiased studies and free, wide-ranging discussion over long periods of time as to virtually any disease and its treatment. The present ubiquity of blatant, blaring propaganda, censorship and firing (even criminal prosecution on trumped-up charges) shows beyond any doubt whatsoever, that the medical profession has become an appendage of the state and no longer deserves our trust. This is a sad state of affairs and yet another indicator of impending collapse of this once-decent society.

9 Likes

Here is L. Neil Smith in 2013, on “Separation of Medicine and State”.

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, CW. It is a very sad state of affairs, but I think you describe it accurately. A silver lining is the fact that Vanderbilt’s administration feels compelled to issue threats against “conscientious objectors”. This shows that some resistance to these treatments yet remains.

I ask rhetorically: what are the moral equivalents of possessing the capacity to consent to one’s own genital mutilation? If children really have the maturity to make such a significant decision, do they not also possess the maturity to consent to a wide range of other activities that most of us consider out of bounds for children? The implication, I think, is the elimination of innocence in childhood. This goal is being actively pursued by the groomers who run the drag queen storytime shows, which are held in many elementary schools.

6 Likes

The issue is simple - doctors no longer have any control over what treatment they can initiate or order. They are merely pawns in an administrator’s decisions about what is “right” OR “ethical”.

So we can’t trust the medical profession because there IS NO profession. Doctors are now mere subjects.

10 Likes
4 Likes

I thought the concern was about what’s between the earlobes :wink:

Intern quality is not what it used to be…

1 Like

The idea of using coal to power hypersonic flight was first put up roughly ten years ago by Russian Academy of Sciences researchers, who also demonstrated that shocks could be produced using a coal powder and hydrogen mixture.

Maybe we need a place for the “Not So Crazy Years”? This could be a great idea!

Coal dust explosions were a feared issue back in the days before oil-burning ships. Some have suggested that the explosion which sank the Battleship Maine in Havana harbor in 1898 was a coal dust explosion. Quite clever of the Russians to think about using that in a very high output engine. Equally clever of the Chinese to grab the idea and run with it.

5 Likes

In the 1960s, there was a lot of talk about coal slurry pipelines. The idea was that you mixed finely ground coal with water and pumped it through a pipeline, keeping it moving so the coal in suspension wouldn’t settle out. At the consumer end, the coal is mechanically separated from the water which can be recycled for other uses. This was claimed to be, after recovering the capital cost of the pipeline, much cheaper than shipping coal by rail. There were challenges in designing pumps and valves which could withstand the abrasive properties of slurry, but the guy whose house I now live in invented solutions for many of those problems.

Apparently, it was possible to fuel a high-power furnace directly from slurry, with the water flashing to steam on injection into the combustion chamber and going up the flue.

There are a few slurry pipelines in operation around the world, but it never became the big thing its proponents thought it would back in the day.

6 Likes